• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 Builders?

good stuff JA, My son is half Modoc...hes a scrapper...his mom was a mean bitch......they lived on the land here in the 1850's still so yeah my boy is a true native to these parts and a little savage lol

I remember you mentioning that.

And really, there is nothing wrong with that.

@oli700 we have been talking about the "hit and run" tactics too. Probably the most effective means we would have other than purely over powering any foe with shear numbers. Problem is being organized enough to get the numbers together an no one messing it up....

Unfortunately, even among ourselves simple questions can make enemies... example; go to any forum and mention Ar15 vs ak47... WW3. Instantly lol

Unfortunately, even among ourselves simple questions can make enemies... example; go to any forum and mention Ar15 vs ak47... WW3. Instantly lol

I think a lot of that would go away if things were real.

If a guy were standing beside me in a fox hole bitching that I have an AK47, I'd probably offer him up as a sacrifice.

Or at least let him know real quick he wasn't welcome in my fox hole and laugh as he climbs out.

I think a lot of that would go away if things were real.

If a guy were standing beside me in a fox hole bitching that I have an AK47, I'd probably offer him up as a sacrifice.

Or at least let him know real quick he wasn't welcome in my fox hole and laugh as he climbs out.
Haha I think too many people get too deep into it. Too many keyboard jockeys too... sadly.

You're right Itsricmo. Too many make believe hypotheticals.

All that goes out the window when it's real and right there in your face.

At that point, you will have to PROVE that you chose the right tool for the task at hand so you better have chosen wisely.

How did this thread get so sideways?

How did this thread get so sideways?
dont matter, its sucked for 11 pages

@oli700 organized enough to get the numbers together an no one messing it up....

that takes training.
the best kind....not stupid barrier shooting or spotter/shooter or running and shooting crap but commo.....commo.

Without communications you have nothing, without understanding how to communicate, how to give and receive clear concise instructions and make sure they are understood by everyone is more valuable than any one gun game exercise you can do.

no , I don't mean CB talk and sounding like a slurred idiot stumbling over words, I mean everyone in your group , programing radios, scanning, clear text, code, mike click code, hand signals, unspoken decision making......PT PT PT....we all get old but you can be the best shooter in the world with the best equipment in the world and an in shape person mediocre shooter with a "worse" weapon will out fight you, will beat you to cover, will shoot straighter, will reload faster , will advance faster than you can retreat .....will not tire out

I am lucky, most my close friends I have trained with for years in the Incident Command System and we have all been sent to quite a few HRO trainings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_reliability_organization

We function as one with our lives on the line several times a year, controlling People, Iron, Air, keeping people alive....only thing no shooting and that is done on our own time....the rest they pay us to do and haven't been fired in 20+ years of it so must be decent at it

if you know people like this , exile them now. Anyone that cannot adapt to different thing, things that aren't their things, snobbery, resistance, unable to adapt and someone so self centered they are not open to hearing your side of WW3 or why an AK is great then they do not see the big picture and will most likely be an undermining little bitch......
I have fun, I have a lot of fun at the expense of my friends ....when its my turn they have fun on me.....none of the AK 45acp 22lr vs. 6.8 Swiss is ever taken for anything more than it is, hazing bullshit.
If anyone gets serious behind that crap they are a douche bag with a chip on their shoulder who needs excuses why they don't suck

Last edited:

Anyone skilled with the use and operation of either of these is going to be a formidable foe or valued ally. My guess is that a majority of those taking one side or the other have never even pushed the capabilities of the platform. While they both have their own limitations, the person flicking the boom lever is a bigger factor. We're talking SHTF not precision MOA benchrest shooting here. But what do I know, I'm just an computer geek.

I'm speaking from a more broad spectrum of "fighters" shall we call them... my little group is absolutely not ready by any means (in progress). But all the little groups are going to have to get together eventually. There is where I see the problems starting. While we all may fight for a common cause you're going to have your turds that absolutely mess it up... none of my local guys have any problem with Ak vs Ar... a gun in the fight is a good gun! Haha

A few of us are working on our skills and going to take some rifle classes to hopefully better ourselves, We all have a long way to go though.

Also.. the first 11 pages didn't suck :(

Do what you like, but when the chips are down I'm getting as far away from groups as I can.

Some say safety in numbers, but when there's no power and people are starving and desperate after their supplies run out those groups will implode on themselves in a hurry. Friendships will turn out to mean less than those MRE's and ammo in your pack. Family are the only ties I'd even consider, but I wouldn't trust half of mine not to shoot me in the back over a slim jim in that situation.

Do what you like, but when the chips are down I'm getting as far away from groups as I can.

Some say safety in numbers, but when there's no power and people are starving and desperate after their supplies run out those groups will implode on themselves in a hurry. Friendships will turn out to mean less than those MRE's and ammo in your pack. Family are the only ties I'd even consider, but I wouldn't trust half of mine not to shoot me in the back over a slim jim in that situation.
Very, VERY good point.. that should give everyone a second look at who we are doing things with. Maybe I'll off them now........ ;)

I'm very selective of who I have dealings with and even more selective over who I let in on things.

And how.

While I may know a lot of people (and lets' face it, it's good to have contacts) but I can count on both hands the people that I would trust with my life. And that count may even decrease as time goes on, but there are a few people that I really do trust.

I can say that I've always been close with many of my family, and I can also say there's some that I would never let in my "inner circle".

Other friends or some family have a place at my table wherever that may be.

Looking at it now that it's being mentioned... I could definitely agree. Lately, it seems those I trusted only a few weeks ago have made my "you're just a friend" list and aren't in my "circle" anymore. I couldn't agree more that's it good to have contacts. I'm working on a little side project that I've always dreamed of and I'm hoping it pans out like it should. Has it's dealings in a "compass and square" if you catch my drift.

Problem with groups is that everyone is constantly evaluating the situation and everyone has a point at which they feel that their chance of survival is better if they make a radical change. The more dire things get the more people will be inclined to act on these impulses. Honestly, how long will anyone survive on their own with no help from anyone? Even if you have a sytash, you will eventually have to go out into the world or the world will find you.

I have some skills but I'm no Rambo, I'll admit it.

So ultimately... we will have to play this out like Fallout 3 by Bethesda Studios... kill everyone you come across. Haha

Seriously though, even where I am at, there are going to be the "inner city" monkeys who want to come out to the "country" for safety as part of their buyout plan. Which is pretty much everyone's plan.. run to the country. Where there is enough room apparently for everyone to live peacefully...... and that's gonna make my situation ever better.

Seriously though, even where I am at, there are going to be the "inner city" monkeys who want to come out to the "country" for safety as part of their buyout plan.

I like that idea, tell them to bring their best guns , ammo, women....that can cook cuz all us country folk will be hungry when we take all their shit and send them packing......people with insight enough not to live with the sheep will never allow the sheep to invade their home...... people they point and laugh at for being stupid hicks never forget a face

No skinny jeans, must have something camo at all times , wear boots 51% of your life, drive a pickup, ride a hose and an ACE LTD HAMMER on their AR

Back