• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

nope...

rats...I'll figure something out...

I actually had a great time. Had a few beers, saw some old friends. Twas a good night. I highly suggest if you have a place like it near you, to go visit.
And make sure your shoulders are in good shape. Mine is not, so the right side that I had rotator cuff surgery on, was sore as heck the next day...

I'd stick out like a sore thumb in there, but it sure looks like a helluva place to down a few brews and relax!

The Facebook vid worked for me just fine and I don't even have Facebook!

I highly doubt that. There were people of all shapes sizes and color in there that night. I was surprised. And no trouble makers ether.
I'm certain that you would have a great time....
I'd stick out like a sore thumb in there

There was a disturbance awhile ago, large brown truck..... I waddled to door as best I could im currently in recovery phase just home from a hospital adventure having gall bladder surgery. But i found this obsurdly large box on porch ??? What could this be...20181003_195605.jpg

Ahh memory recalls ordering a larger tree cutting tool. After much debate both budgetary and practicality i went with a known entity Council Tool. I did choose a "budget" level double bit Michigan style. Review will have to wait awhile as I said im currently off line for choppin duty. I have some first impressions already will share tommorrow20181003_200113.jpg 20181003_200022.jpg

I've been looking for a good used slittin maul at yard sales and flea markets.

Not having much luck though.

I saw one, but had no desire of paying $75 for a warped handled Chinese forged maul.

Though I would very much like to find one like this:
https://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/product/gransfors-splitting-maul/

Sorry for the hijack. I know it's not an ax or machete.

Ok kids first impressions of the Council double michigan 3.5 coming up. Know that I typically research purchases to death, last few years as ive kinda gravitated towards i only want to buy item X one time if at all possible ie. Whats gonna do the job best and last me remainder if life. Ok i read much on here watch ole wranglestar etc.... Settled on this being a Council i felt should be solid with some "enhancements" after purchase. It was 45 bucs delivered made in USA forged and a decent handle. This in NO way is delivered on par with previous discussed FSS boys axe and i knew that upfront. It needs a GOOD sharpening and the handle came coated with ?? Laquer maybe ?? Not sure butbdont like. Well actual i like the feel of handle size and shape just not the coating. So i will strip/sand and then linseed oil overtime to achieve my liking. The grain orientation seems pretty darn good though. The head is def in need of good sharpening ive already started that, the painted part i actually decided i like it, edges are well defined and lined up balance of tool feels great. Attachment wise well see once im better and can cut a tree or two. Anyway for the money and willing to do a little massaging i think it will serve well, i really considered dropping a couple hundred instead but as of now im satisfied no buyers remorse. To be continued.....20181004_121236.jpg

I am dying to cut something !! But a no-go for awhile longer while Doc didnt say no axing i thing no driving for 2 weeks includes cutting wood. I spent some time just using the puck on the new ax, took some work(good sign) to bring up the edges but they did come and it is surely sharp now. I only used puck and a ceramic rod no power. The workshpr would have saved time but i wanted to establish a relationship, yup im weird. I introduced my two cutters this morning(note boy handle is coming along nicely after the first year) it is also still dangerous sharp after heavy use. 20181005_095254_HDR-1.jpg

Back