• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Canik 120 CZ-75

Well in that case you should be in for a treat

The twist rate is designed for 124 grain by the way

Figures.

I don't think I have any 124's. I mainly have 115 for the handgun shooting and 147 for the smg's and SD rounds.

Thanks for the honesty LES. I also like the Beretta, but this one is supposedly all steel (rather than aluminum frame, steel slide) so I can understand why it feels tougher.

Oli, you'd like a beretta. They're really nice pistols. But the Italian police trade-ins have the old style mag latch that is on the bottom of the grip rather than located at your thumb near the trigger guard like all the other 92's and M9's.

Also makes mag selection more difficult to find. Not all 92 mags have both cuts. Out of about 10 mags or so that I have for the 92, only 1 or 2 that have the extra mag release notch made into them on the bottom.

But the Italian police trade-ins have the old style mag latch that is on the bottom of the grip rather than located at your thumb near the trigger guard like all the other 92's and M9

Also makes mag selection more difficult to find. Not all 92 mags have both cuts. Out of about 10 mags or so that I have for the 92, only 1 or 2 that have the extra mag release notch made into them on the bottom.
well thats good to know, dont feel like I missed too bad then

Well, a quick update.

I'm doubting that I will get the pistol today.

It is sitting in limbo at my local post office. Postmaster even verified that it was there, but for whatever reason, the mail carrier is not attempting to deliver it today.

When I spoke to the postmaster, she said since it's insured, a signature is required (yeah, I know, I'm the one paying extra for the insurance) . I told the postmaster that if the mail carrier is not going to deliver packages, then perhaps they were in the wrong line of work. That comment must've cut a little deep because I got no response other than a long drawn out sigh.

So, at this point looks very unlikely that it's going to happen today. The tracking even says the package is ready for pickup. Whatever in the heck that means.

May 18, 2015 , 6:19 am
Arrived at Post Office HARLAN, KY 40831

May 18, 2015 , 7:53 am
Your item arrived at the HARLAN, KY 40831 post office at 7:53 am on May 18, 2015 and is ready for pickup.

So, I call the peon at the gun store to see if he would would drive the mile round trip to get it, says he can't go to the post office to get it and they have to deliver it there.

Bad as I hate to say it, I've got some good deals at that gun shop, and I've spent a considerable amount of money there, but looks like I'm going to be finding another place to go. I wasn't very impressed the last time I was in there either. The owner hired several new young folks, who have little idea what they're doing anyway.

Last AR lower I picked up there, I paid for it, and he put it in a bag and handed it to me and said thanks. He wasn't even going to do a 4473 until I told him he was supposed to.

Good grief Charlie Brown.

Sounds like your off to a bad start! I was interested in th TP9sa but since there isnt dealers around I decided against it seriously good luck with your purchase!

I really have no idea why the mail carrier would not attempt to deliver it. I guess that I have just expected them to just do their job and deliver the mail. Not really too much to ask from the POST OFFICE.

Maybe they overlooked the box when they were loading the truck.

Maybe today was just Monday.

If it doesn't go out for delivery in the morning, I'll probably take a little trip to see the postmaster and the carrier in person. My patience doesn't go very far anymore. I just don't think it's too much to ask.

One thing I learned about you is that your either shipping or receiving at any given time, I wonder how much money you have given to them.....scratch that, more than enough to get better service

Just this package alone is about $30.

Shipping handguns is expensive. Special regulations and blah blah blah.

Also $10 of that 30 was for insurance. But still.

We'll see if they deliver it today.

They delivered it.

It's covered in oil, but it feels like it's going to be a shooter.

I'll be testing it later. I'll be using Wolf, Tula, and 147 gr Am Eagle flat tips. If it cycles them, it'll cycle anything.

'Til then:

tristar cz unboxing.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, a few quick pics of the gun itself.

There are no discernible machine marks. Everything is straight, and tight.

tristar 003.JPG

tristar 007.JPG

The trigger pull is already very crisp and light in both single and double action. This is compared to the Beretta Centurion (which has had some trigger work done to it) and a lot lighter than the stock Ruger P85.

I also noticed the slide rail goes the entire length of the frame.

tristar 005.JPG

tristar 010.JPG

The pistol was test fired at the factory.

tristar 014.JPG
tristar 013.JPG

If anyone wants to ask any questions, or pictures of different things or from different angles, just ask.

Looks pretty similar to this one.

http://czcustom.com/cz-75-9mm_barrel-standard-2.aspx

IMG_6749.JPG

The locking lug is a little different around where the recoil rod contacts, but not a whole lot.

Is that what you were referring to?

After mowing the family cemetery getting it nice and primped for Memorial weekend, I went up to the gongs and tried out a few different kinds of ammo.

It's definitely a shooter guys.

No problem with Tula, Wolf, or even flat tip 147 gr American Eagles.

Borat_two-thumbs-up.jpg

Something's wrong with the memory card in my camera because it kept cutting off the video's about a minute into it, so tomorrow I want to go back up there with a different one and get some videos.

Oli, I see the notch in the rear of your barrel. Does it fit into a slot in your slide?

OK.

I'm curious why CZ would make it like that?

I found a photo here: http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm
that shows a good picture of how the brass sits in the chamber/barrel.

And also from looking at your photo, looks like the cartridge is supported very well. Especially once the slide is in place.

image002.jpg

But the design of the Canik is also supported well. I guess it accomplishes the same thing, just a little different road to get there.

And likely due to Canik reducing machining steps if I were guessing.

canik cz75 barrel 004.JPG

I did read in the owners manual that the Canik barrel is cold hammer forged. Doesn't appear to be chrome lined however. Not that a 9mm would necessarily need it.

Not sure if the CZ is chrome lined or not. Unlikely.

Not surprised.

I only wondered because some military's may would prefer it and I didn't know if the CZ's were or not.

It's not like there is a lot of corrosive 9mm out there.

I completely missed this thread. Damn it, cuz it's a great thread!

I gotta quit working so damn much.

I'd really like to check out that Turk 75. It sure seems like an excellent gun at a sleeper price.

The price is really great.

In a way, it's a lot like SKS's. Just because the price is lower than other rifles, doesn't make them bad guns. You get more than you pay for.

I'm impressed with it. And I had pretty high expectations to begin with thanks to you guys.

The grips and holster and hammer spring should be here later this week.

Awesome John, That's a great looking gun.

Back