• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

Wowzerz oli...that looks awesome. Great pix.

Thanks, I want a 97 next just like the one you posted. It’ll be a while though lol.

Yes Sir,

Can't wait to get my hands on a 97!

It'll be a little while for me too, but the 97 will be my next handgun purchase...

Ok, got a chance to shoot 50 rounds through it today. I shot at the steel gongs and was very very pleased at 30 feet I was putting all my double taps on a 10” gong every time as fast as I could. Right before I packed up I put this target up and shot my last 15 at 30 feet , not real fast but not slow , I didn’t take my time and shot just as soon as the front dot was on. Standing off hand of course, I have never shot any semi auto this well so it’s a big deal to me :lol: and I absolutely love the CGW stuff !

IMG_0966.jpg

Holy Smokes man, well done! I'd be happy with that all day long!!!

Excellent shooting. That is one helluva gun you got there! Plus good control on your part.

That is one serious piece of machinery, made even better by your personalized upgrades.

Swear to God...

If I hadn't stumbled into a stainless CZ75 locally when I was least expecting it, I would have held on a while longer and got a CZ 'zactly like yours.

Just so I could daydream that I was almost just like you..... :p

Seriously.

Jes sayin' :oops:

:lol: You NEED these CGW parts. My confidence level is on a whole 'nuther level now, never felt this confident in my pistol shooting.

On another note those Barry's flat tip hollow base weren’t feeding the best. I think they are too short. They shoot great but every now and then one would get crossed up in mag when getting stripped out of the mag. The slide would close on them before they were off the ramp, and the nose would get shoved onto the lip of the chamber mouth…….. It tore through the Federal 127 +p HST's.
Although I have shot these flat tip with no problem, I don’t think the CGW springs could mess with the timing since I didn’t change out the recoil spring……now I can see the hammer spring affecting the ejection distance but as far as the slide returning I don’t see what I did affecting the feeding of bullets ? I think I will buy a box of factory shells and run them through just to make sure because I don’t want to burn up all my HST’s

Cajun Gun Works rockz!!!!!!!!! I agree 1000% with oli700.......here is my Shadow updated with the CGW Race trigger and CGW sear, CGW stainless trigger pin and reduced power trigger spring. The stock trigger broke crisply but the race is even smother with a crisper break IMO, which is biased! These mods I did a few weeks back but I am making this post to model the Marschal wooden thin grips, oiled South American Purpleheart, which I finally installed last week after a well worth wait from February 2012. I luv this firearm and it's functionality.

CameraZOOM-20120720190734510.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120720190855994.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120720190801056.jpg

Nice work on the mod MossLvR.

Those new Marschal grips look great! They make some outstanding grips and are well worth the wait. Took seven months to get the set I ordered from them a couple years ago...

oli700 said:
On another note those Barry's flat tip hollow base weren’t feeding the best. I think they are too short. They shoot great but every now and then one would get crossed up in mag when getting stripped out of the mag. The slide would close on them before they were off the ramp, and the nose would get shoved onto the lip of the chamber mouth

Confirmed that my reloads aren’t feeding 100%. I got 100 rounds of Fiocchi 124gr and it ran like a Swiss watch, just absolutely tore it up with them, shooting it overly limp wristed , different angles ….everything I could think of to get it to feed wrong but it went through them fine so no more Barrys flat tip for me, I’ll just stick to the round nose’s……the weapon is still just top shelf, better every time I shoot it….fan boy out :lol:

oli700 said:
oli700 said:
On another note those Barry's flat tip hollow base weren’t feeding the best. I think they are too short. They shoot great but every now and then one would get crossed up in mag when getting stripped out of the mag. The slide would close on them before they were off the ramp, and the nose would get shoved onto the lip of the chamber mouth

Confirmed that my reloads aren’t feeding 100%. I got 100 rounds of Fiocchi 124gr and it ran like a Swiss watch, just absolutely tore it up with them, shooting it overly limp wristed , different angles ….everything I could think of to get it to feed wrong but it went through them fine so no more Barrys flat tip for me, I’ll just stick to the round nose’s……the weapon is still just top shelf, better every time I shoot it….fan boy out :lol:

It also shoots the Hornady Critical defense loads 124g and Hornady 135g +ps like a dream. Also, no issues with American Eagle 124g, 147g, Speer Lawman 115g/124g, Wolfe reloads (not sure if you get those south of the border) and one other brand flawlessly, name of which I cannot remember. I have about 1200 rounds through mine with maybe 2 failures to remain open after it ejected the last round. No misfires, no ftfs, no ftes.........awesome firearm. Have yet to test out the new grips however.

The workhorse of my guns, a CZ75 Shadow with some tuning parts.
Not a beauty anymore with signs of usage and dis/reassembly,
but still in good condition and never made problems while shooting. :)

regards Pat

78372cec.jpg

8a000e09.jpg

Great lookin Shadow!

The wear marks just make it more sexy. I'll take a work horse over a safe queen any day...

Oli~~~~

What CGW kit and extras would you suggest for my CZ-75B Stainless?????????

I'm ready to finally take the plunge.

I want a really good pistol to be a truly great pistol!

Since this is your war pistol and not a target gun, if I had your fine pistol I would go for the Hammer Kit 2 with the adjustable sear. This hammer is incredible and has 0 creep and a glass rod break.

I would get it in the self-defense cut on the hammer. I got the SD cut and I tell you I would not want it anymore sensitive. My kit didn’t come with the sear, only the disconnector due to the decocker set up. With the adjustable sear I believe you can adjust the reset.
http://www.cajungunworks.com/cgw_2.html

As far as the springs go I would suggest the spring kit 1 and the reduced power trigger return spring.

The spring kit 1 is a kit that contains reduced power hammer spring, reduced FP return spring and a reduced power FP block spring. This set up give a 3.5# SA and around a 7# DA while providing 100% reliability so far.
I have used S&B, Agular, Fiocchi ,WWB, UMC, Remington GS, Federal HST, and reloads with CCI, Federal GM, primers and not one light strike….the primers are stuck quite deep in fact.
The reduced power trigger return spring is just a nicer feeling spring while pulling back the initial take up on the trigger pull. It is light enough that I don’t really even notice the take up anymore but it is heavy enough to provide a quick positive trigger reset…..my pistol can sound like a machine gun now.

Since you will be in the slide and the trigger I suggest you replace the roll pins with the carbide FP retaining pin and trigger pin. The trigger pin is nice because you can take it in and out at will without buying a new roll pin ….it might be a little smoother on the trigger but I can’t tell.
The FP retaining pin on the other hand is IMO a crucial replacement part. My OEM roll pin was heavily damaged from dry firing practicing trigger pull. This is the ONLY weak spot I can find on this weapon.
http://www.cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html

I also got the starter punch and it worked great….very quality and heavy punch
http://www.cajungunworks.com/miscellaneous.html

These things you must do....be ready to be amazed.....really I have shot some high zoot 1911's that don't feel as nice

Back