• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First attempt at Building a (hicap) Handgun

Don't need one, I just appreciate the attention to detail.

Got plenty of BCG's around here but you're right, I do have a CZ to buy. The 97BD is close.......very close...

Well done Oli!! You have assembled one bad ass machine!

184465249f2e19773c.jpg

Nice job Oli.

And I agree thanks for the heads up on the Ares bolt. Sounds like you like it and worth the $105

Thanks everyone

I'll let you know how it holds up John, looks great but you know about the book and the cover thing

more better, fits real tight but way better than trying to get the other one in . All it takes is a little nudge with the bullet tip to get it out and being "one piece" it is way easier to line up the backside pilot ....I don't think I want to change over all clips, but for this style of keeper hole , this is the only way to go....they should come with one because the fit is so good it seems they are made for each other

KNS Firing Pin Keeper

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/IMG_0031_zps02e4ddeb.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/IMG_0033_zpsc04a631a.jpg.html]
[/URL][/URL]

@John A. got a chance to put a quick mag through it and it runs great.
I think I can tell a difference and here is why.
When I first shot it I used my hot loads and it ejected them at around 4 or so.
Today on my way in I shot my light loads for the first time and it cycled awesome , ejected about 4.
So I put the hot rounds in and shot 10, it now ejects those at about 2:45....borderline . So I think the BCG is moving faster due to the reduced friction .

Which leads to a question and since you and @LAZY EYED SNIPER are the the only guys I know who are shooting pistol length gas 556.

Sounds kinda lame at first but bear with me, I don't know if I should play with slowing the BCG down.
It cycles the light loads awesome, authoritive lock back , around 4 o'clock if anything leaning to 330.
Hot imitation 556 NATO reloads are landing just shy of 3 o'clock

I have one more round I shoot that acts more pressurey but haven't put those through her yet.

worth it to try one heavier buffer ?

Just run it ?

It's currently got an H buffer

I would still benefit from the low friction as it is designed to combat crap introduced to the system.

I'd get it dirty as F#@% first and see how it runs with the various loads and the current buffer.

Personally I'd rather have it a bit over gassed to push through the grime in less than ideal conditions vs. taking a chance of it slowing down too much with lighter loads and a heavy buffer. If you can borrow a heavy buffer to try out first it might be worth running it with the different loads just to see...

That sounds good too. Funny when I was leaving the range today I was thinking I wanted to do just that but just because I wanted to see how fast it built up and how well the BCG worked since the pistol system is supposed to be the dirtiest system

I also see what you saying abot being on the hard runnin side for reliability when things get real dirty.....good call in that one, I wasn't really considering that.

How about I just don't ever clean it and really see what that low friction bolt is about ??

How about I just don't ever clean it and really see what that low friction bolt is about ??

That's been my line of thought.

Haven't cleaned my pistol yet 'cause I want to see just how much it'll take before it stops. Always good to know the limitations of your equipment...

would be interesting to see how it does. is there going to be no lube along with this no clean? or just slap somethin slippery on it when it starts acting up and carry on?

would be interesting to see how it does. is there going to be no lube along with this no clean? or just slap somethin slippery on it when it starts acting up and carry on?
I'll go no lube from this point on. I dont really like the idea not too much for the reliability of but because I hate metal to metal contact without lubrication,just for wear and tear aspect, dont care what finish it has....but I like the question and I'm going to throw that in.

I am going to hit it with something tonight and call it good till it quits, I know it will run a long time if I keep it wet.

It will take a while because I'm not going to go burn up a ton of ammo to get my answer quick so it hopefully be a while.

Sound good ?

That's been my line of thought.

Haven't cleaned my pistol yet 'cause I want to see just how much it'll take before it stops. Always good to know the limitations of your equipment...
Ever notice how the m12 is nice and barely dirty with a decent amount of shooting ?

I bet that rifle gas set up on that barrel with a good BCG would chug along for a good bit of rounds

Ever notice how the m12 is nice and barely dirty with a decent amount of shooting ?

I bet that rifle gas set up on that barrel with a good BCG would chug along for a good bit of rounds

Yup.

I've been really happy with that barrel. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I cleaned it...

Sorry that I'm late, but I agree with LES in all respects.

Sounds like the reduced friction is paying off.

Shoot the crap out of it and see what it can handle.

Better to find out now.

As for your "run it until you start seeing failures", is not a bad idea at all.

I have done that several times depending on the gun if it's one that is in contention for HD duty. The uzi was the latest one I did that with and it was over 700 rounds and still going before I finally broke down and cleaned it the first time anyway because if one can go 700 rounds, that's about twice as many as I would normally be carrying anyway, so at that point I just didn't see a reason to keep going without scrubbing.

For people looking I guess like to see a parts list

Sig brace
Odin works buffer tube/collar/end plate
Carbine buffer spring
H buffer
Palmetto Stripped lower
B5 Grip 23
CMC 3.5# flat bow trigger
JBO lower part kit without fire control group
Seekins mag release button
Anderson stripped upper
Fortis Hammer in black
Ares Armor reduced friction nitride bolt group
KNS firing pin retainer
SLR 9" Solo handguard
Seekins melonited pistol gas tube
Troy stainless low profile gas block
Balistics Advantage Modern Series 8" 5.56x45 NATO nitride 1:7 twist pistol gas
Ballistic Advantage Kuuma V4 Krink/booster
GG&G BUIS

Took this CT off the G29 and put it on here for fun, and it is fun, say what you want about lasers but ones like these that don’t weigh anything and take 2 slots , really can’t see a down side using with irons.

With the front sight down it’s almost like a red dot, I’m leaving it on till I get my red dot.

It’s getting dirty and dinged up some now and I didn’t like the 3 tone so I made all the color fill one color….looks better to me…..still far from not running coming up on 300 rounds. It’s going to be a while before it stops, it’s honestly not as dirty as I thought it was going to be.

Back