• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

So i was in the middle of doing the filing and my file broke. :eek: How does that happen? it wasn't even rusted! Not to mention I paid Good money for it a few years ago....dag nabit! :x they just don't make "stuff" like they used to....so I'm on my way to ace to get a new bastard. :lol:

That must be some hard wood. :eek:

Well...back to square one. I drilled the holes premature. So what I should have done was carve out the backside then drill the holes. But..at least I got the pattern down pat..tomorrow I will be able to do them both again.

Sorry for the delay....

well..i took the pix...might as well post em up...

ObcuRl.jpg

tUFqyl.jpg

DReqml.jpg

f0LnTl.jpg

E06cCl.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Damn, that sucks about your file. Take your time man, I'm in no hurry...

Yeah..i think i was rushing it so i could start doing the fronts.

MikeD said:
That must be some hard wood. :eek:

it's actually a very hard wood. but i think the file had a weak spot....i wasn't pushing on it too hard...oh well..now i have another new file...

ok..here's square one again....

QpmMRl.jpg

5BZEbl.jpg

tF2pyl.jpg

Monday will be a slow relaxing day to work on them...

ok..i filmed "the making of 92 vertec grips". it's uploading now. when it's done i'll post it....

in the mean time...here ya go to hold you over.

F3NB3l.jpg

il1EBl.jpg

3MECJl.jpg

^^^the first set is above the new ones....

i'm waiting on another video to upload....

sorry about it being so short. my camera only records so much on my lil 1 gb card.

omg...it'll be done loading in 53 minutes??!!

i need a better way...

Thanx sniper. I'm hoping to get to working on the backside tonite.

ok..since the first set of grips were goofed. i used them as testers. i wanted to see if the carving of the backside was feasible for me. it took a little while to figure out how to cut the reliefs out, but i accomplished it. it's going to be a slow process to keep the lines straight and smooth, so that it matches up with the handle of the vertec. so without further adieu, here's the test grip right side.

5FV6Ll.jpg

8Arptl.jpg

^^you can see the screw holes are much too large. that's the goof. i drilled before carving out the backside....

and the mess i have created as well...tsk tsk tsk...
2U81il.jpg

Back