• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

Still partial to cocobolo and rose wood. I did not like the looks of any of the wood you showed.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

tnxdshooter said:
Still partial to cocobolo and rose wood. I did not like the looks of any of the wood you showed.

Well, there are those that do like exotic woods rather than just the traditional cocobolos and rosewood. Its what makes the world go round man. I personally appreciate RipJacks entreprenuerial spirit cuz its that kind of ambition to provide goods and services, (not to mention hand crafted American made, AND! from one of our own! Even better! ;) ) that seperates complacency from greatness! He found a marketable product that some people want and I applaud that.

If you dont like the wood, then this thread isnt for you my friend.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice job rip! Lookin good...

Absolutely diggin the wood! I love seein the video and what youre doin man! I cant believe the talent of our members, I'm rather humbled as I learn more and more about everyone here!

Well...I'll have pretty much all week to work on these. The company has a lull in jobs this week so I was cut loose. Yay for me :( but at the same time I needed a break. I did however make a new friend there. He's a cool guy and a subcontractor like me. Maybe he'll join up here too? He's checked out some of my posts and topics so it's cool.

As usual I'll post progress pix.....

:)

e6j5Gl.jpg

kqkmzl.jpg

i can see why no one makes these out of wood......by hand. :roll:

this is a challenge for sure. :!:

They're really coming together rip, lookin great! I know they're not easy, but just think how simple 1911 grips are going to be after this... :lol:

I'm the little train that could....

I think I can..
I think I can..
I think I can..
I think I can..

You can do it!!!!

Thank you. Thank you very much. *say it like elvis.

I love this stuff. I'm constantly amazed, at any forum I've been on and in life in general, the talent and skills that people possess.

today i need to make a jig to get the 60 degree V on the backside. update later....

the jig is up....

t4FNKl.jpg

koG1Pl.jpg

eSoxll.jpg

it looks good so far. i like it. i'll be doing the other piece next. the jig works great. i might need to make a mold of the grip, so i went and ordered a set. that way i won't ruin the originals, and when they get here i'll send ya back yours so you are not with out grips. so when i make the mold of the backside i can fit em and see what need to be adjusted. this is actually fairly easy now. since i figured it out.
maybe i have a niche in the market, no one makes wood grips for the vertec. i looked. everywhere. i only found this one guy in china or somewhere over there, and they were out of horn. and he doesn't make em anymore...

i can...
i can...
i can...
i can...

Back