• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

Update:

so my wife went and bought me a drill press and milling vise. woo hoo. i can use those for making the bevel cut on the backside. it will be more accurate than just me, a chisel, and a bevel gauge. also, i'm looking around for a band saw to cut the pieces to the thickness i need instead of using a chop saw and losing a 1/4" to 3/8" every time i make one piece. that's just a waste of material. the vise should be here this week, and the drill press, i'm not sure yet. it could be a little longer.

i have been looking everywhere for these machines for about a couple of months now. so i can wait to get to use them!!

Dude, thats SOOO EXCITING!!! I was always the same way with leather tools!

Its amazing the difference it makes and how far it goes, just those few thing, in making things so much simpler! (i'm all about simplifying! :D )

Your work is excellent, after seeing several of your projects. I have no doubt in your ability or talent, no reason to have anything other than faith in you to make exceptional pieces and I bet you'll be like a kid in the toy store with your new equipment!!! ;)

wooo hooo!!! the vise came in today!! holy cow it's huge! it's a Palmgren 30601 CV60 6-Inch...

rcss4l.jpg

now i'm just waiting on the drill press, the new grips should be in tomorrow as well. sweet! i'm getting pumped to use this vise...i need to clean it of the grime they packaged it with, and give it a good lube job....

Wow! I dont knoiw I have ever seen such a beautiful vise!!!

Sweet!! I'm going on record requesting a review of that bad boy when you get a chance. That could be a nice addition to my drill press.....

thanx guys.

grips are in...

the vise report will be on the list.

it was a bit pricey ($167.) but after checking all the stores (doing hands on research), i found this one online after a good couple of weeks worth of searching for the perfect vise.... and after seeing all the crap the local stores have i decided on this one after good reviews. also i couldn't see getting a 4" or 5" opening, so i opted for the 6" that way any grip i want to make will fit.

thanx again for checkin in on me. i'm lookin forward to getting this drill press sooooo much!! i really am getting antsy to finish snipers vertec grips. i know it's been a little while, but if i do something i do it right. i hate cutting corners and doing "good enough"....it needs to be perfect.

I certainly appreciate the attention to detail rip!

I wouldn't have asked just anybody to try and tackle this project. YOU THE MAN!!!

Well...today I rearanged my shop area to accomadate a cart I had collecting stuff/junk. I'm going to put the drill press on it and band saw. I'm checking out some auction houses for the saw and put the word out to my friends n family to keep an eye out for one. Still no word on the shipping date of the drill press. I'm going to call them tomorrow if they haven't sent an email by the time I get home from work......

Crappy news. The Rockwell drillpress is on backorder till the end of May. Wth? It took them 2 weeks to figure that out? Lame. And when were they going to tell me? If it wasn't for me sending an email asking when it was sposta ship, were they just going to wait? Idk. They said I could substitute one for $350. A 14" press. I think not. I need to look around......again...see what I can find that's equal to it for about the same price.....I'm beside myself.

Weak, I hate it when that happens, and it happens a lot. I almost expect it anymore and when it turns out the way it is supposed to I am pleasantly surprised.

Will do. The wife is going to the post office tomorrow. So you'll be gettin you originals soon. I kept the medallions to work with. I have the new set so I can work with them....

Delays...delays...delays...at least I have an awesome milling vise.

Back