• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Mossberg 590A1 SPX

Hey, Rossignol told me to check this forum out from SGworld. This is my 590A1 SPX, bought it from a friend a couple of months ago. Right click-> view image to see them uncropped, the forum software isn't set up to automatically constrain the images to the frame width.

From the factory
5902.jpg

I've since added a Mossberg 500/590 heatshield (Had to modify the front band to get it to fit- still working on a custom spacer idea to keep it from creeping forward), a Hogue 12" LOP stock and for-end (highly recommend this), a LaserLyte tri-rail mount with a Fenix TK-11R2 light, and a 6 shot Tacstar side saddle loaded with Federal LE 00 buck

shotty2.jpg

I've only put about 150 rounds through it since I owned it, I don't treat it very nice like I do my WWII weapons, since it has no historical value to me. I just make sure it keeps working. I've had no problems with any ammo I've tried through it, and it's a blast to shoot. The elevation is not dialed in perfectly with the buck shoot, IIRC it is about a foot high at ~20 yards. I ran out of ammo in the zeroing process (d'oh) so I'll have to go back with a couple of boxes. The windage is fine from what I could tell, it's a shotgun afterall.

A few close-ups

The factory rear sight aperture, and a blurry glimpse of the factory front fiber-optic. The finish on the entire shotgun is pretty weak, Doesn't take much to scuff and scratch it, but that's no big deal to me. One of my rifles has almost no parkerization left on it.
g1-3.jpg

g2-3.jpg

The factory compensated barrel (I have no idea how effective this is in practice), the LaserLyte tri-rail and Fenix TK-11R2.
g3.jpg

It's pretty dirty.

It's super dirty!!! I have the same light and mount. I'm just trying to figure out how to mount the pressure switch. Any ideas???

Very nice group you have the Jackal. How do you like the folding stock? It doesn't look like it has much for butt stock padding.

VHow do you like the folding stock? It doesn't look like it has much for butt stock padding.

I love it - I've wanted one for years because it was in an online game I used to love, and it's built rock solid.

I changed the grip on it, I didn't like the original so I cut down and custom-fit a Phoenix Technologies grip instead.

As for padding, it's not as bad as you'd think, but it has the potential to beat you up more than a normal buttstock if you're not careful to hold it correctly.

Back