• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service

Looks like it is coming together nicely....I really like your old 590

Re: Project 500 HD Police Service

Yep. The 590's are great shotguns but there are only so many to go around and since my line duty guys come first they get them. I guess an old Captain that drives a chair around a desk most of the time can get by with the 500! The short barrel on the 590 is what made it so handy but for me it wasn't worth jumping through the hoops with the ATF to go that route.

Wolfgang

CHEAP metal trigger assembly?

As much as I hate the factory plastic 93 bucks is a little more than i'm willing to shell out on a pointless "upgrade" Am I stuck with casting the part my self?

Re: CHEAP metal trigger assembly?

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other options for the Mossberg 500.

age of shotgun

I have a 500a on layaway at a pawn shop, getting it in two weeks. And i wanted to know wuen it was made, which 500 it is, ect... i emailed mossberg with this and a couple other things a week ago, still no response. Is there a way to find all this out via the serial number without contacting mossberg? I have the serial number on my recipt from initial deposit.

Re: age of shotgun

I'm not aware of any site that can date a 500 by serial number...maybe someone else here knows...

Me, I would cut to the chase and call 'em... (tho, it's already too late in my time zone.)

Contact Information:
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
7 Grasso Ave.
North Haven, CT 06473

Telephone: (203) 230-5300 (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. E.S.T.)
Fax: (203) 230-5420

For Service Inquiries: 800-363-3555

What is the letter at the beginning of the S/N?
I have a 500a with a J529xxx S/N that is figured to be from around 1985

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=825

My 590A1 begins with a Txxxxxx S/N, However I don't know if they would be numbered in the same sequence.
Best of luck

It starts with K. Then the number 1.

I have finals tomorrow but if i have time and can remember i will try to call and find out. Im a curious. Lol.

If thay dont work i will go to the link provided.

Sports6, i read your thread. Based on that im guessing 1988

Re: age of shotgun (UPDATE)

I called mossberg, the lady told me she could tell me what i needed to know, until i read her the serial number. she then told me that i would have to send an email to customer service so that they could forward it to corprate. after i told her i sent an email a week ago she told me to forward it to her personally and that if i didnt get a response to day it would be tomorrow. lets hope for some results! patiance isnt my strongsuit. :roll:

but i gotta wait til july 11th do get the gun anyway.... *sigh*

I would give Havlin Sales a call as well; they are great about getting you as much information about your Mossberg that is currently available.

DHonovich said:
I would give Havlin Sales a call as well; they are great about getting you as much information about your Mossberg that is currently available.

I will try to do that then either today or tomorrow.

I have not recieved an email from mossberg yet... There disapointing me.

a1268.gif

Some 500 models not shown on Mossberg website?

I'm looking for an 18.5 inch 6 shot Mossberg 500 with a parkerized finish, but on the website it only shows that particular configuration in blued. There are some versions but they either have the breacher choke or a "tactical stock" but then I go to budsgunshop and look at the one thats model number 50521. It's 18.5 inch barrel, 6 shot capacity and has a parkerized finish. I'm confused. Has mossberg discontinued that, I'm thinking they haven't because budsgunshop has had it in stock for quite some time.

Re: Some 500 models not shown on Mossberg website?

Mossberg generally does a poor job of keeping their website up to date on current models so I am sure its still available it just may not be listed on their site.

I agree. I find things from time to time for sale, even at WalMart sometimes that are new, and either arent listed, or more commonly, the exact configuration I saw isnt listed.

It's not like they make enough money to staff someone to do that. I'd take half what they're paying the current guy so long as I get to play with the prototypes! :D

lol, Right On!!! I would too!

i think i got ripped off

i went to a local gun store i looked at a moss 500 with a 20" barrel 8 +1 ,and it was 399.00 i put 80 dollars down on it and then went to a big box sports store and found a moss 500 with door breacher 18.5 " barrel ATI tallon stock and mako fab fore end 399.00 wth i was pissed but the one i bought has the extended mag .......... then i keep looking for what kind of gun i bought but no luck , its all black and the gun for some reason feels long and the barrel is not the same length as the tube like the one all over youtube the persuader ? the barrel is 20" and has a plain barrel with bead sight. does anyone know what i got .......

Back