• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Update: Progress on Urbino stock for our 930's

While there be an option to just get the shortened tub so that we can play around with our own designs or shorten the existing stock?

Mylastrook said:
I think having more stock choices is awesome.

Now, serious question. For around $175.00, what does it do, that my Choate PG with the stock reduction doesn't. Besides look cool?

This ^^^^^^^^.

MaynardJamesKeenan said:
Mylastrook said:
I think having more stock choices is awesome.

Now, serious question. For around $175.00, what does it do, that my Choate PG with the stock reduction doesn't. Besides look cool?

This ^^^^^^^^.
Well a Benelli style sling mount which is nice if you sling your shotgun. I don't know what LOP on the Mesa yet, but if it is shorter then the choate with the reduction, for those who need that then it will be priceless. Then the use of a Limbsaver recoil pad and option of a riser if you use a red dot.

Poopypants said:
Water Monkey said:
I'd prefer a traditional stock w/o a pistol grip. Looks great. I wonder what the new lop is
Yup, I too like it better but it's always nice to have options n diff stuff to play with. I think in a tactical situation pg is the way to go still, def easier for the wife to handle too.

It looks like they are listening to feedback - this link is to their prototype non-pistol grip stock

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1212

cool!

harbec55 said:
Poopypants said:
Water Monkey said:
I'd prefer a traditional stock w/o a pistol grip. Looks great. I wonder what the new lop is
Yup, I too like it better but it's always nice to have options n diff stuff to play with. I think in a tactical situation pg is the way to go still, def easier for the wife to handle too.

It looks like they are listening to feedback - this link is to their prototype non-pistol grip stock

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1212

cool!
That is what I really want. Pistol grip and Mossberg just don't go together IMO

Re: butt pad options ?!?!

Don't know if it fits your criteria, but I use a precision fit Limbsaver on mine. The thing is plush...

SeaScout

Hi,
I understand the non sticky part. I went with a Beartooth adjustable recoil pad and one if their ammo sleeves. Then I used one of their extra recoil pads under the ammo sleeve to increase the comb on my stock. Looks like a Monte Carlo stock now. Worked like a charm for what I needed.
Best...

Re: SeaScout

SeaScout said:
Hi,
I understand the non sticky part. I went with a Beartooth adjustable recoil pad and one if their ammo sleeves. Then I used one of their extra recoil pads under the ammo sleeve to increase the comb on my stock. Looks like a Monte Carlo stock now. Worked like a charm for what I needed.
Best...
Pictures?

Looking for monte carlo stock

Anyone have a monte carlo stock they want to sell? Or know any place to get one?

I called maverick arms and they say the monte carlo stock is no longer made.

%2385232.png

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX Pistol Grip Review

Great write-up Sir!

Thank you for the link and for your service in keeping us safe out there...

930 Length of pull is too long

Greetings,

This may be a very old question and if so I hope you will indulge the new guy. My 930 is a pleasure to shoot except for the length of pull being about 1” too long. Due to the extra length and the soft/sticky recoil pad it is difficult to properly mount the gun without the butt catching on my shirt. I know ……….. shoot naked. Not a good option!

Are there any suggestions for building or buying a shorter stock to solve this problem? Thanks for the help.

Back