• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Poly-Frame Photo Thread

oli700 said:
nitesite said:
Put a Pearce PG-29 baseplate on just one mag and you'll find yourself putting one on every G29 magazine you'll ever own.....

If you like the feel, (and I know you will) I'll be

Three for Three.

3-0-0

Man, sometimes it hurts being so right :lol:

In the mail : Safariland ALS concealable paddle holster
2 Pearce extensions
1 G20 15 rd Mag
1 Grip extension for G20 mag to G29 grip

Okay, so you got the 6378 ALS holster too? That is EFFIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I just don't know what I'm going to do with you, mister.

lol, yeah, its the 6378 cyber monday 38 bucks shipped ! I ordered the stuff thinking it would be here when I got the 29.....funny how things work out sometimes

You know, I think it's time I just came forward and told you the truth:

Fact is, the GLOCK29 is a suck gun; I hate mine, absolutely hate it. And I wouldn't even give mine away to some unfortunate unsuspecting schmoo who thought he was getting something good out of the deal.

You were duped. And I feel real bad about that. Real bad..... For troof, Honest I do.

Not bad enough to offer to buy it from you, though. Cuz' then I'd have TWO suck pistols.

And Tah-Dahhh~~~~~~~~~~~

For my 1300th post this is all that I came up wif..... :cry:

Put some new doodads on my Glock recently:

Extended mag release:

20121202_165608.jpg

Ameriglo CAP:

20121203_123346.jpg

20121203_123255.jpg

20121203_123308.jpg

tcecil88 said:
Very cool, Joe! I ordered the same mag release for my G23. Looks like a nice part.

Just fiddling with it at the house so far I love it, especially the low cost. I'll put it through its paces in the morning.

Well I'm officially in love with those sights now. Mag release is great as well comfortable and easy to manipulate.

For a certain new G29 owner who says he's trying to grow accustomed to a GLOCK trigger and improve his accuracy...

Learn the Power of the Force....

Wait.

I mean Learn the Power of Correct GLOCK Trigger Re-set. It turns crap into gold.

I'm trying, I'll get it. I dont want to mess with the trigger trying to improve groups with this gun, I want to learn the stock trigger and keep it in the safer side of things since this is my primary carry gun now. When I go back to the SP-01 now, after 1000 dry fires on the Glock, that Cajun Gun Works trigger is partly scary how easy it releases…..

Trigger re-set isn't altering the trigger geometry at all. It's not a trigger job or lightening the trigger weight. It's not gunsmithing.

It's learning how not to completely release the trigger after each shot to its forward starting point. Using trigger re-set, after the first shot every one thereafter is much easier as long as you are shooting a string of shots.

Dry fire an empty GLOCK.
When the striker releases continue to hold the trigger fully rearward .
While still holding the trigger back, rack the slide like the gun just fired.
Ease the trigger forward ONLY until you hear and feel a distinct click.
Pull the trigger again.
You have just re-fired the gun with less than half the trigger travel and overall weight
compared the the initial long trigger pull.

Shooting good 1911s and tuned CZs with SA trigger jobs is certainly a wonderful experience, and this GLOCK re-set comes nowhere close... but it gets me in the game.

The definitive reset on the glock is the best I've found. It was one of the deciding factors when I switched from the M&P.

I shot a similar G19 with the comp trigger after getting used to the stock Glock trigger and I will say that it was scary easy to pull it. I decided to stick with stock on mine, unless I pick up one for strickly gaming use.

Yeah, I've been working on the rest, just taking myself out of trigger mods to this gun because it seems like an easy thing to do and I bet it would improve my groups. I'll keep working on the rest, which I noticed happens really soon on the Glock as compared to other autos I have time with.

nitesite said:
Trigger re-set isn't altering the trigger geometry at all. It's not a trigger job or lightening the trigger weight. It's not gunsmithing.

It's learning how not to completely release the trigger after each shot to its forward starting point. Using trigger re-set, after the first shot every one thereafter is much easier as long as you are shooting a string of shots.

Dry fire an empty GLOCK.
Pull the trigger again.
You have just re-fired the gun with less than half the trigger travel and overall weight

Shooting good 1911s and tuned CZs with SA trigger jobs is certainly a wonderful experience, and this GLOCK re-set comes nowhere close... but it gets me in the game.

^ THIS!

Outstanding advice. Controlling the trigger limits the motion in the weapon between and during each shot. Makes a HUGE difference on target...

Since they are so many Glock owners here, check out a site called BTguiderods (I did a search for it on the main forum but could not find a reference). I use the Sta-Tite version in my Steyr and it is extremely well made guide rod.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
nitesite said:

Dry fire an empty GLOCK.
Pull the trigger again.

^ THIS!

Outstanding advice. Controlling the trigger limits the motion in the weapon between and during each shot. Makes a HUGE difference on target...

I really concentrated on this today. I shot 50 rounds nice and slow, from a bench and really took my time with the reset. The reset is nice on a Glock, I wish all my pistols rest that soon . I’ll post some targets in the reloading section but my best 10 yard group today was shot with my Glock 29 ….I couldn’t have a bigger grin .

Back