• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Updated: MRE Meal Review Return of Itsricmo!

Lots of good input! I'll be sure to put it all into consideration lol

I understand the MRE heaters are slow, that's why I'm cool with rippin' it open and eating as is if I'm put into that sitiation. I got the Taco because it intrigued me, breakfast gravy same reason. The chicken actually looked good, which I'll mix the breadsticks with it to make a sammich. Bread with the gravy too.

What else.. pound cakes get good reviews as well. And would be great for a quick bite...

All in all, they are MREs and I don't expect them to be home cooked meals, so I'll judge them as such. They're a temporary fix for being forced into the field should it occur. Minimal prep and care :)

I'm hoping to stay "local" and not relocate across state

So what's wrong with this side of the state? :) If the SHTF you can hide out with me and the Amish. They have all that SHTF living down pat.

Vanilla Pound Cake...great one Oli!!!!!

Last edited:
Lots of good input! I'll be sure to put it all into consideration lol

I understand the MRE heaters are slow, that's why I'm cool with rippin' it open and eating as is if I'm put into that sitiation. I got the Taco because it intrigued me, breakfast gravy same reason. The chicken actually looked good, which I'll mix the breadsticks with it to make a sammich. Bread with the gravy too.

What else.. pound cakes get good reviews as well. And would be great for a quick bite...

All in all, they are MREs and I don't expect them to be home cooked meals, so I'll judge them as such. They're a temporary fix for being forced into the field should it occur. Minimal prep and care :)

Be mindful of the temps they are stored in as well. Hotter temps in the summer will degrade the food and nutritional value of the MREs.

@carbinemike absolutely nothing, brother! I just don't want to be forced out of familiar territory that far haha but I presume I won't be making that call

Water Monkey, I'm planning on stored in my closet until called upon. That's due to change as the situation may or may not escalate. If it's stored in my vehicle... times are drawing nearer haha

It's great to see you posting again Rick!

me too, Southwest Black Bean is my fav.....but yeah not in the same league as freeze dried. Had some Mountain House for a couple days in AK.....the switch back to MRE was very noticeable

Tried a few of the Mountain House, but am partial to the ones from AlpineAire. Their Santa Fe Black Beans & Rice, Pepper Beef, and Mesquite BBQ Seasoned Chicken with Beans & Rice are where it's at. Plus they're packaged flat so they pack better...

I believe they are lighter than a full on MRE too.....we always strip them down if it's a hike in show

I can't figure YouTube out so Pictures with text are going to have to do for now.. haha hope that's cool with y'all

Edit: MREs are inbound for next Wednesday

I can't figure YouTube out so Pictures with text are going to have to do for now.. haha hope that's cool with y'all

Edit: MREs are inbound for next Wednesday

What movie program you using?

YouTube has a drag and drop upload process.

lol you are an impatient sob ain't ya?!
Dude, I tried to tell ya hahaha
I don't like sitting around waiting for stuff.. only time in cool with it is when I'm cooking. There is ZERO rushing a good meal [emoji2]

Edit: MREs don't fall under the same category lol

Last edited:
There is ZERO rushing a good meal [emoji2]

Edit: MREs don't fall under the same category lol
no, the rush comes later after and if you dont take the opportunity when it presents itself, you'll wish you did unless crapping out a softball appeals to you.......might not be an issue after your time in the pen

no, the rush comes later after and if you dont take the opportunity when it presents itself, you'll wish you did unless crapping out a softball appeals to you.......might not be an issue after your time in the pen
Hahaha I wasn't in jail!! but a good bowel movement is never wasted ;)

I spent 22 years in the USAF, retiring in 1994. I had my fill of C-rats and K-rats in the 70's.

I've always been proud I made it to retirement, having never eaten a MEAL, REFUSE TO EXIT! o_O

Back