• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

You know you're addicted to guns when....

Here in Illinois, we have to have a FOID, but there is no limit on how many we can buy in a month.
I picked up my first Mosin, a 1911, and my M&P 15 all in the same week!!

I know Mike...I want to move but the wife dont..... Yep crime hasn't changed from that dumb ass law....meanwhile we can buy unlimited long guns....so the 1 a month does what exactly ???

Easy answer. Like all gun laws, they inconvenience law abiding citizens... nothing more.

Any laws that might actually have an effect on crime are not enforced. The real goal is to turn all law abiding citizens into criminals so they can be controlled.

You are absolutely 1000% correct.... the gang bangers dont are not legally purchasing handguns so it only hurts us who do the right thing.

Maybe I do have a problem too LOL. One evening just before Christmas I got my New Haven/Mossberg 600AT/500A for about $100. The very next day I was at the Cabela's up the road seeing if that 1930's Remington Model-11 16 gauge Auto-Loading Shotgun was still there...it was...then it was in my car heading home with me...
Two firearms two days... At least I spent the money on something pseudo-iconic, a shotgun that was designed by John Moses Browning, and a dependable modern flexible 12 gauge shotgun... LOL!!
Mark

I find myself counting shots fired while watching movies and TV after identifying the type of gun and how many rounds it is most likely to be holding.

I also tend to catch a lot of inconsistent props (i.e. sights mounted backwards, AR's firing with the dust covers in tact, non-double actions that click with every trigger pull when empty, etc.)

When watching tv or a movie, it really bothers you that no matter the gun, auto pistol, rifle or pump shotgun, the action is cycled to chamber a round every time the shooter moves or does anything at all. They're all time loading another round into the chamber, the heck with the round that's already in there. Additionally I'm shocked by the number of people walking around with unloaded firearms, from police to professional hit men to street thugs and delinquents.

Last edited:
They're all time loading another round into the chamber, the heck with the round that's already in there.
was watching a show on AK the other day and two guys were getting noticed by a Griz.......once a he got close he was displaying a little and the one guy with a rifle says
"any closer we might have to shoot"......he then takes a round out of his pocket and puts it in the rifle.......if I was the other guy I would have flipped out on him

I should have prefaced my posts by saying "in the movies and on tv"

She said she was going to delete her FB account for a lil while cause she's on it too much.. Maybe she'll come back here...:)

and I still don't care what her husband always does and says lol.......that's why facebook was created, this if a firearms forum

Back