• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

You know you're addicted to guns when....

When going out, you dress according to the gun you will be carrying. I am guilty of this. It is difficult to admit as a parent, but I do have a favorite gun. :)

I set up and patterned 3 different shotguns for turkey season this year even though knew I was going to try it with a bow this year.

Note: none of the above mentioned guns share barrels or choke tubes (Mossy 930, Mossy 500C and a Rem 870). I guess men do like to accessorize. LOL

J.L. said:
When going out, you dress according to the gun you will be carrying. I am guilty of this. It is difficult to admit as a parent, but I do have a favorite gun. :)
all my clothes are appropriate to carry...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...when you count rounds fired by the movie action hero between reloads and call them out when they've surpassed the gun's mag capacity...
or they go the whole movie and never reload.
Just lay down suppressive fire with a BAR.
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, nice!

How 'bout how actors always cock the hammer right before they shoot someone, even with a double action pistol. Totally unnecessary other than it gives their monologue a good pause right before the catch phrase.
I have caught that mostly on semi automatics.
either that or they routinely cycle the action. walk out of the room, pump the shotgun. walk in the next room, do it again.

Hilarious about the movie stuff!

Heres a related one, but ALLISON caught it too!!! Watched some cheese filled movie last night... She asked if the guy was ever goin to reload his shotgun. It was a 5 shot model and she said he had fired more times than the gun holds shells. Not only did she notice, she had actually been counting how many times he fired, sooo...

When your CHILDREN catch the gun inaccuracies in movies, like a gun never being reloaded!

When you get Christmas cards from MidwayUSA, Brownells, BassPro, Cabellas, Dick's Sporting Goods, AIM Surplus, the list goes on and on...

You buy your wife another shotgun for Christmas and you disasemble it ( Barrel, Receiver, & Stock) so that it can fit in a box that does not scream "wrapped up gun in here!" so it can sit under the tree.

There is a Mossberg 500E in there...LOL
Package.jpg

You have a second 3 foot Christmas tree that sits in the Bay window in the kitchen.
This tree is our SHOTGUN TREE.

KitchenTree1.jpg

It is decorated with a string of Shotgun shell lights that I made from old hulls and a 50 light string that I bought. I used Remington Green and Gold and Winchester Red shells for the seasonal color lights. The tree also has Shotgun shell Angel ornaments that my wife made.

Lightsandornament.jpg

Haha SWEET!

Nice job concealing the shotty. I know she's gonna be surprised. I love those ornaments and may have to borrow that idea for next year...

I like that idea too.....well....both of them....but instead of a shottyshe gets a 22 to start off with...

The tree is sweet LTB! Nice work on getting the gun in the box! The shotshell angels are my favorite part!

I get the Midway USA!

No magazines in the bathroom... I'll have to remedy that.

Oh, and the thing with Allison watching that movie, the guy put a .45 in his waistband and she asked what he was gonna do with it if he never has to reload the shotgun?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
When you constantly annoy your wife by calling out the model of firearm being used on-screen in every movie you watch...

I do this with friends and family. I dont understand why they find it annoying.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, nice!

How 'bout how actors always cock the hammer right before they shoot someone, even with a double action pistol. Totally unnecessary other than it gives their monologue a good pause right before the catch phrase.

Like at the beginning of the show gunsmoke you can see matt dillon facing a man in a gun fight. You can clearly see for a split second in the frame that he was out drawn and hear the rapport from the other fellers gun first yet matt kills him anyhow. Dude must have been a poor shot.

tnxdshooter said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, nice!

Like at the beginning of the show gunsmoke you can see matt dillon facing a man in a gun fight. You can clearly see for a split second and hear the rapport from the other fellers gun first yet matt kills him anyhow. Dude must have been a poor shot.

EVERYONE was a bad shot compared to Marshall Dillon. Heck he even got shot in the hand one episode and had to learn to be a Lefty shooter...LOL!!

tnxdshooter said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, nice!

Like at the beginning of the show gunsmoke you can see matt dillon facing a man in a gun fight. You can clearly see for a split second in the frame he was out drawn and hear the rapport from the other fellers gun first yet matt kills him anyhow. Dude must have been a poor shot.

Yup, or they would have just had festus take over.

Back