• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First attempt at Building a (hicap) Handgun

I put a shockwave blade on the 9mm pistol conversion that I built a while back. I dig it too.

I put the little copy of the determination letter that comes with them in the storage area of my pistol grip. So far, no problems.

b05d4ef0-8eb0-4fcd-b9d5-67b6d7f92ee3_zpsmqtozey6.jpg

Ok.....I like everything about it better

the barrel is a dream, so fast snapping it up. the recoil impulse is way nicer with the carbine gas tube.
In defense of the 8" I did have a Krink style break on it and that over gassed the system , I added an H3 and a heavy spring to slow it down and it did but the reciprocal weight was there moving the gun around

That is all gone now. Regular carbine buffer, Wolff HP spring and it shoots all rounds reliably , less jumpy than some carbines I have shot

The Griffin Armament M4SD Linear break is awesome. Directs blast just like the Krink did but the three ports on to of the break does keep the muzzle down ......

This new set up is smoother, flatter shooting, faster , lighter, quieter, more velocity and just all around better.....accuracy seem the same so far but that is still to be determined as I shoot it more

and the Shockwave Blade/Tube Kit is the end all be all pistol accessory

only loss seems to be money ....rare in the world of trade offs......well I guess its about 3 inches longer so there is one trade off

nice shot of the Griffin Armament top ports working

after a couple hundred rounds in the new configuration this is a finished project

Palmetto State Armory Lower
CMC 3.5 pound flat bow single stage trigger
JBO LPK without fire control group
Seekins 7075 magazine release
Seekins 7075 trigger guard
B5 Grip 24
KAK Shockwave Blade/buffer tube Kit
Wolff Xtra Power buffer spring

Anderson Stripped Upper
Spikes Forward Assist
? dust cover
Fortis Hammer charging handle
Aries Armor QPQ Low Friction BCG
Ballistic Advantage QPQ 10.3" Hanson Profile 5.56 NATO -1:7- 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium- NiB Extension - Pinned Gas Block
Spikes QPQ Carbine Gas Tube
Griffin Armament QPQ M4SD Linear Comp/suppressor mount
SLR Rifleworks 9" Solo Handguard/Barrel Nut
GG&G front and rear Back Up Iron Sights

5.59 LBS

W/ Eotech XPS 2.0 and Streamlight/Viking Tac mount : 6.37 LBS

perfect balance point

Thanks For Watching !!

Last edited:
Fantastic looking build. And a lot of high quality parts on it to boot. Should give you a long service life.

I'm hoping to have my Cnc flat bow trigger you recommended maybe tomorrow judging by the current location on the tracker.

Fantastic looking build. And a lot of high quality parts on it to boot. Should give you a long service life.

I'm hoping to have my Cnc flat bow trigger you recommended maybe tomorrow judging by the current location on the tracker.
my friend I really think it will put a big smile on your face and it will improve your marksmanship.
Run a thick grease on all the shiny surfaces and dont clean it....just add grease with a toothpick or something as it migrates off the surface.
I talked to the dude for a while, the owner. He was awesome and told me the best of his triggers were the ones that he never cleaned and just kept adding moly grease to.
I use John Deere Moly from the tube we grease the fire dozer with at work.....a thimble full lasts a life time

Cool. Thanks for the tip. Tracking says it's at the local center (last stop), so I assume that it will be out for delivery today. Despite the eta being next Friday. I'm not sure why it says that.

The trigger that is in the gun has always been pretty good, but the last time I took it out, it felt heavy. Even the selector felt heavy to me for some reason. I made sure the pins and parts were centered and hadn't walked, but it still felt incredibly heavy. And I had to seriously concentrate on keeping the gun still while pulling the trigger, which aside from my groups making it hard to zero the irons, was annoying as hell. So, it's time for something else.

I have some moly grease with Teflon that I usually use for coating the threads on AR receivers when tightening the barrel nut and on barrel extensions between the steel/aluminum to help prevent galvanization when building an AR upper. I also have some white lithium grease that would probably be alright to use on it.

i bet it all works , for some reason he was real specific on moly......he said the gun powder dust makes a nice graphite like effect lol

Aries Armor Reduced Friction Black Nitride BCG update

dont know exactly but around a little North of 1K on this BCG

still very slick, still very easy to clean....never an issue but I have another Nitride BCG from Seekins and its not as worn with more round
It appears to be a thicker ,,less polished application but it is proving to wear better.

From the chatter the coating can lose color but still be there....no way for me to tell unless we did some sort of rusting test , no.

Very late to this thread! Sweet build Oli.... well thought out, and just pure Bad Ass!

I had to laugh though... I switched over to SLR handguards after I handled one of my buddies AR's at the range a few months ago. Of course you beat me to it, here I go... copying perfection again :rolleyes: They're pretty sweet though, super light, very thin (especially inside diameter) and well built. I think what I like most is that the rial tapers toward the receiver, makes everything fit and flow nicely.

(Mine now reside on my... i mean my wifes ;) light weight HD AR... and the Wylde SPR)

Very late to this thread! Sweet build Oli.... well thought out, and just pure Bad Ass!

I had to laugh though... I switched over to SLR handguards after I handled one of my buddies AR's at the range a few months ago. Of course you beat me to it, here I go... copying perfection again :rolleyes: They're pretty sweet though, super light, very thin (especially inside diameter) and well built. I think what I like most is that the rial tapers toward the receiver, makes everything fit and flow nicely.

(Mine now reside on my... i mean my wifes ;) light weight HD AR... and the Wylde SPR)
been away for a couple days.....thank you my brother
come around more
dont forget to post some pics !

couple of observations using the 10.3 inch barrel

50 yard zero works . Just like any other AR I have shot with a 50 yard zero, it is on again at 200. Very happy with this , it might be an inch or so different but it is very acceptable.

There is enough velocity at 200 yards to ignite tannerite. This is really cool because it takes a minimum of 2000 fps to react tannerite .
So that tells my any bullet designed to expand at 2000 fps or less is going to expand at 200 yards ......

really happy with the upgrade, the extra 2 inches has not been a hindrance and the gain from the 8 inch barrel is pretty substantial

this might be a first grab SHTF gun now

I also have a 10.5 inch 556 barreled upper for my SBR, but the 8.5" blackout upper is quickly becoming my favorite now for the distances that a short barrel excels at. The blackout isn't as sensitive to barrel length as 556 is.

You can really hear it thump the mountain backstop.

thats a lot of damn grains , so quiet the thump really stands out.

Imagine what a 300 win mag would sound like!

I imagine like what a sledge hammer on a river bank would sound like. :cool:

Back