• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Sling and mount for my Persuader

Sure thing man, Its what this community exists for!

JSDinTexas said:
( y'all - a Texas term I believe :D )

We have that here too! :D

Just bought the ERGO online and mentioned I got the info and reference off the forum. Still a little unsure about the sling although the summit is interesting. I have a LEO supplier in Austin TX I visit (GT Distributors) and they carry a line of them - I sort of want to "try it on" first. Thanks again.

JSDinTexas said:
Just bought the ERGO online and mentioned I got the info and reference off the forum. ...Thanks again.

Sure thing man! Did you order directly from Ergo then? Thanks for mentioning you heard about them here! They'll appreciate that!

Rossignol said:
JSDinTexas said:
Just bought the ERGO online and mentioned I got the info and reference off the forum. ...Thanks again.

Sure thing man! Did you order directly from Ergo then? Thanks for mentioning you heard about them here! They'll appreciate that!

Yes I got on ERGO website and ordered direct - and according to UPS tracking it delivers tomorrow - ordered 3/12 delivery 3/16 - pretty good

barrel finish question

So I just bought my first Mossberg today from Dicks. Great price of $230. Turns out unfortunately, it had a rifled barrel. So the first thing I did when I got home was order the 18.5" barrel. Unfortunately again, they only sell it in a blued finish. I have some sort of matte finish, which i love btw. How do I go about making the new barrel, when it arrives, match the rest of the gun? Can I spray paint it with high heat paint?

Re: barrel finish question

What model did you get? If it is a 6 shot model, the barrel on this model below should work. Its a matte finish.

50420.jpg

Have they shipped the barrel yet?

I dont think the high temp would be much of an issue, but dura coating is more permanent, and we have someone else doin custom hydrographics too.

Just an update - bought a BDS tactical single-point sling with bungee (SPS BK) and quick release and it delivered yesterday from a place called SexyWeapon.com. Made in America with a lifetime guarantee. Guess I need to get the tools out and get busy now. :D

let us know how you like it, I put the single point off my mini on my 8 shot and felt like it was way to much gun for the sling and since it was on the Mesa reciever loop I figgured it would be far enough forward to balance it a little better but no luck for me.

I got some stuff from Ergo, the sling end plate adapter and single point bungee, it should be here tomorrow!

Ok, I installed the BDS single point bungee sling and Ergo sling loop today. Both products are good quality and I'm very pleased. The installation took about 10 minutes and cost under $50. I discovered the factory spacer between the stock and receiver is completely replaced by the Ergo loop. The sling is comfortable (1 1/2" wide) and adjustable over a wide range that I'm sure would work with a T-shirt or full battle dress. The gun lays in front and is easily raised and aimed. I also moved it to my right side and I believe I could walk or quickly maneuver with no problems. I'm very pleased and recommend this setup with no reservations. Here are some pix.

Attachments

• BDS Sling and Ergo Loop.JPG
    BDS Sling and Ergo Loop.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Ergo Sling Support.JPG
    Ergo Sling Support.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,191

That came out great. I really like that ambidextrous ERGO sling mount.

Yeah, thanks. I was a little concerned with the loops hanging out too far in pix I saw online - and my picture exaggerates their size a bit. They are big enough to easily attach and unattach the clash hook and really aren't noticable on the gun - all in all a good addition and I'm glad I got this instead of a 2-point and so on.

Nice man! Thanks for putting those pics up! I got mine mounted yesterday and shot some tonight. My experience thus far mirrors yours, the loops arent an interference at all!

Looks good!

Did you have any issues with the stock bolt not being long enough after installing the Ergo Ambi Sling Plate?

Rossignol said:
Did you have any issues with the stock bolt not being long enough after installing the Ergo Ambi Sling Plate?

I first tried to install the ambi behind the factory spacer and the bolt was too short. I then omitted the spacer and went with only the ambi. When I just used the ambi, the bolt was fine - I guess it screwed in maybe 3/8 inches? About 3 full revolutions before being tight and then another half turn or so seated it firmly.
Seems to be fine although I noticed the pistol grip (The adjustable stock and pistol grip are two parts) had some rotational play and you have to "center" or line up the pistol grip to the gun when tightening. The factory spacer does not allow the pistol grip section to move. So while I was tightening the bolt, I had to hold the pistol grip firmly to keep it centered with the tang and receiver. I used the seam (see 2nd picture) as my guide and it "appears" straight.

Aluminum threads on the receiver right ?

oli700 said:
Aluminum threads on the receiver right ?

Don't know for sure but think so as the receiver is listed as aluminum [added edit - I checked my catalog and they confirm the aluminum receiver but refer to it as "high-tensile alloy"]. I was very careful in tightening the bolt, I have stripped more than one set of threads. :D

Oh man me too. Dirt bikes and quads all my life and a few aluminum thread with steel bolt problems even when there is enough threads. Suprised no galling issues with steel on aluminum, long term I mean

Yeah, use to work on my cars starting in high school and did some amateur drag racing in another life. That was when you could take your dad's car to the strip and race for about $3 entry fee. They were just braking the 8 second quarter mile. :lol:
I am new to these Mossbergs and I am very careful when I work on it: this is the first shotgun I've had in about 30 yrs. (got it for home defense and plinking fun but may hunt deer too) Glocks have been my thing and can strip those blindfolded.

Back