• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: My Mossberg 500 Pump Action Build...

Very Nice! You can test all the pistol grips with high brass 00 buck you want! I do like it though! ;)

:twisted: :twisted:

p529744325-4.jpg

p96618827-4.jpg

p313538489-4.jpg

p487099953-4.jpg

First Impression: Well I feel like when I get a new Apple product and you first see the packaging. The packaging provides a sense of quality before you even get to open it up. It is nice to see a company pay attention to even the small details such as packaging. I would much rather a quality part in poor packaging than a poor part in quality packaging but it is nice to have best of both worlds :twisted: . When I did open the package up; this sense of quality remained after removing the Mossberg/Winchester mag-socket wrench. I know this only a mag-socket wrench BUT it really is a quality piece! Growing up racing motorcycles and then cars has made me a bit of a gear head so I always feel like a little kid on Christmas when I get new tools. Especially ones that are quality such as this ATI Mossberg/Winchester/Remington mag-socket wrench set. I sure wish my Snap-On tool came in boxes like this!

Use: The ATI Mossberg/Winchester mag-socket wrench works exactly as designed. It allows you to easily remove and install forends on your Mossberg 500.

I highly recommend this set to anyone who like to work on their own Mossberg 500!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I like those alot and have been considering getting the Mossberg wrench, and I agree they do look very well made.

Yea the ATI Mossberg/Winchester mag-socket wrench is really a nice piece and well worth the money.

HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight

p516598905-4.jpg

p515071179-4.jpg

p813097-4.jpg

p521612759-4.jpg

p4860421-4.jpg

p148345550-4.jpg

TruGlo Home Defense Universal Shotgun Sight

p944585926-4.jpg

p984631459-4.jpg

p792175334-4.jpg

p1071628127-4.jpg

p919739624-4.jpg

So, which sight are you liking better? I came across a used 500 locally and I'm thinking about picking it up for a builder. It currently has a 28" barrel. That's the first thing to go. :D

It is really tough to say. I have not had enough time to get a feel for which one I like more. The HiViz is nice because it comes with a variety of fiber optics to choose from and it is very easy to swap the different colors out. The TruGlo comes with only one color but for me I really like the red so as long as you order the color you want having the option really doesn't matter. The HiViz snaps on really easy and comes off the same yet feels very sturdy while on the barrel. The TruGlo snaps on easy but it is quite hard to get off; it makes it seem like it would hold up to abuse better in the long term. I will have to test the durability of both next time I have my Mossberg 500 out in the field. The HiViz's fiber optic is much larger than the TruGlo; I am not sure whether I like that or not. I thought I did but now that I have been running the TruGlo I like the slimmer profile. So overall I am undecided which one I would pick.

Project 500

I bumped into a local guy looking to sell his 500 and decided to take him up on his offer. While I haven't seen the gun in person yet, he assures me that it's in excellent condition with good wood and a smooth and shiny barrel. He was asking $200. I offered $175 and he accepted. That seems to be about $100 less than new here locally. Did I get a good deal?

Mossy5001.jpg

Mossy5002.jpg

I'm buying this as a project self-defense gun. My plans are not yet fully developed and I'm open to suggestions so chime in! :D

Re: Project 500

She looks like a beauty! Let me know what you are looking for out of a stock and I can help point you in the right direction :twisted: .

Like I said, I haven't decided for sure yet. I'm pretty much a traditionalist. If I change out the furniture, I'll probably just go with a traditional synthetic set although I've toyed with the idea of a Cruiser.

Mudinyeri said:
Like I said, I haven't decided for sure yet. I'm pretty much a traditionalist. If I change out the furniture, I'll probably just go with a traditional synthetic set although I've toyed with the idea of a Cruiser.
I am a big fan of the Hogue if you are looking for a traditional synthetic set.

Well, the gun looks even better in person than it did in those pictures with the seller's junk in the background. It shows hardly any wear. There's one tiny ding in the stock, but other than that the wood is immaculate.

I'm kind of thinking of making this into an old-school defender - keeping the wood furniture, throwing on a short barrel, maybe a side saddle or one of Brad's cuffs and going with that.

Mudinyeri said:
Well, the gun looks even better in person than it did in those pictures with the seller's junk in the background. It shows hardly any wear. There's one tiny ding in the stock, but other than that the wood is immaculate.

I'm kind of thinking of making this into an old-school defender - keeping the wood furniture, throwing on a short barrel, maybe a side saddle or one of Brad's cuffs and going with that.
That would be sweet! The wood furniture with an 18.5" barrel is a great combination that you don't see too often anymore.

I agree with Dan! Though I dont have one, (yet) wood furniture and the short barrel! Real good look!!!

Hmmm ... heat shield, huh?

I ordered the barrel last night. Midway had them on sale for $74.99.

Back