• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: Mossberg 500 corncob forend

welcome to the "wood club". :lol:

Attachments

• #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 1,123
500C 20guage adaptor nut HELP!!

ok...to start off i got a perfectly fine 20guage wood stock set, BUT i have the urge to change the color of it and stain it another color for the wife.
Not wanting to mess with the original set that came wit the gun, i called Havlin and they have a 20guage wood set (non-matching) for sale, which is fine for me since i plan on stripping the color.
The ribbed forend they sell is a 7 5/8", mine is actually a 6 1/2".....PROBLEM.... :x

so i hit the net to find a adaptor nut, with no luck, all seem to be for a 12guage.
I called mossberg and the problem i ran into now is that they dont make a 20guage adaptor nut :evil: just one for a 12guage.
Hogue has the same as well, just 12guage, and midway USA gets them from Hogue so no luck there either. Brownells too, just 12guage. Even eBay and Amazon....nothing!!!
Mossberg didnt even have a 7 5/8" action tube for a 20guage and advised me to check with Havlin if they did. But they only take calls till 2pm Central time Mon-Thurs, so im out of luck till next week.
now i dont want to spend the $$ on a new 20guage slide action tube when the smart fix is an adaptor nut for $10-$12 if it existed...... :?:

dose anyone know if there is someone else who may make a adaptor nut for a 20 guage :?:

Re: 500C 20guage adaptor nut HELP!!

I am not aware of one for the 20g.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Thanks for the info old mossy, that might seem to be my option now.... Either find a machine shop to make me a adapter nut or try to find a 6 1/2" forend for a 20g.

Was hoping someone might of had this issue b4 and possibly found one.....

i've been looking all over and can't find squat on that 20ga adapter nut.
the mossy 500's cousin,remmy 870 is different ? just a wild thought. :)

I appreciate the help on this....
I'll look into the remmy for a possible solution, but usually they are made different for a reason, from other brands so we will just have to see.
I thought about the Bantam for a possible assist. They come in 20 guage from what I've read, but I never seen one to compare, after all it is a 500 too, I think.

Boyds makes a really nice wood forend that will fit a 500c. Not sure of the specs offhand.

I know it does not directly answer your question but it might be an option of you can't make the one you have work.

MikeD said:
Boyds makes a really nice wood forend that will fit a 500c. Not sure of the specs offhand.

I know it does not directly answer your question but it might be an option of you can't make the one you have work.

Thx mike... At this point all options are accepted to find a solution.
I will look into it and see what they got.

Disassembly question

Ok, here goes.

I am trying to disassemble the used Coast To Coast I bought last weekend. Got it all disassembled except the slide action. I can't get it to come off of the magazine tube. I took off the forearm and it looks like a sleeve is around the magazine tube, not allowing the action/slide to come off. Is this an old variation of the mag tube or something? I am in the disassembly process to clean all the oil and gunk that the previous owner soaked it with. The mag tube seems to have a "generous" amount of oil in it as well. I intend on taking it off too for a cleaning and spring replacement. Any thoughts on how to get the action assembly off? I thought that perhaps I would just need to get the mag tube off first and that would allow me to get the action off that way.

Re: Disassembly question

shadow_dog said:
Ok, here goes.

I am trying to disassemble the used Coast To Coast I bought last weekend. Got it all disassembled except the slide action. I can't get it to come off of the magazine tube. I took off the forearm and it looks like a sleeve is around the magazine tube, not allowing the action/slide to come off. Is this an old variation of the mag tube or something? I am in the disassembly process to clean all the oil and gunk that the previous owner soaked it with. The mag tube seems to have a "generous" amount of oil in it as well. I intend on taking it off too for a cleaning and spring replacement. Any thoughts on how to get the action assembly off? I thought that perhaps I would just need to get the mag tube off first and that would allow me to get the action off that way.

here's a vid to help you. the coast to coast is a 500 sold in hardware stores.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26

let us know if you are still having problems.

have you removed everything from the receiver?,,,,trigger group,,,bolt,,,,,bolt slide,,,,cartridge stop,,,,,interrupter .
you also may have to put some downward pressure on the arms as you slide it off.

Just got done finishing the disassembly. I put the receiver in a vise and done the leather/vise grip removal of the mag tube, while the action/slide assy was still in the receiver. After seeing how everything is made on this particular shotgun, there is no way of removing the slide assy without first taking the mag tube off. It is nothing like the tube in the video. I took pics and if I can figure out how to post them, will.

shadow_dog said:
Just got done finishing the disassembly. I put the receiver in a vise and done the leather/vise grip removal of the mag tube, while the action/slide assy was still in the receiver. After seeing how everything is made on this particular shotgun, there is no way of removing the slide assy without first taking the mag tube off. It is nothing like the tube in the video. I took pics and if I can figure out how to post them, will.

shadow_dog,,,you are correct. i thought you had a 600. i just looked back on your posts and saw its a cc880. i apologize for giving you the wrong info. :oops:

Back