• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: Which slide tube for numrich corncob forend?

I'm from new york originally, too.... on the west coast now.

So is it possible to use a short tube and extended forend nut to bring it up to 7/8? Would be alot cheaper...

Also, any experience with Havlin's slides?
http://www.havlinsales.com/
Only $48 for the long one... but I'm concerned about fit, don't want to gouge my magazine with something non-mossberg like I've heard promag brand slide assemblies can do...

Havlin sales are great nothing to worry about. good people.

yes you can use the 6 1/2" tube with the Houge adapter nut.

I got a 6 1/2".tube and a Hogue extender nut from Havlin not too long ago, they are reliable and great customer service with email updates when shipped.
Just realize that if you get the shorter tube and the extender nut, the extender nut is a tad wider than the tube because it threads over it so it will make a difference to get it to fit. The tube itself already is snug on the forend and not much room to accommodate the extender but.
I had to grind out a bit of my composit forend.to make it work. It is doable, just a little time and persistence to get it to fit properly. I probably would of had an easier time using the 7 5/8" tube vice the 6 1/2" but I already had an extender nut so I got the shorter one.

IMG_20130523_163147_zpsa212e4c8.jpg
[/URL]

Re: Anyone looking for a wood stock and corncob forend?

thank you for the heads up! :D

thanks for replying... it is lonely in this thread... =)

still almost 5 hours left,,,,,up to 56.

ended,,,,,,sold for $73.01
i'd say that was a score.

Yeah,

I can't be too jealous the stock I got was like brand new and $120 is cheaper than most I have seen. It is hard to believe somebody with a lathe doesn't crank them out and sell them. People always seem to be asking about them here.

I sure missed that one,,,,,,, I've been thinking 'bout going that style. Would have jumped on that.

500A Non-Removable fore grip

This is my second post and it may have been covered so bare with me LOL. I'm wanting to put a synthetic fore grip and butt stock on my 500A. It has the non-removable style fore grip or at least doesn't just come off when you take the barrel bolt off. I did notice a possible nut on the fore grip. Is this what I remove to slide the wood grip off? I noticed alot of talk about size's of the slide action rails so do I have to get a fore grip with the rails already attached or can I remove the nut and slide on a new fore grip.
Thanks for any help on this.

Re: 500A Non-Removable fore grip

Without photos I am left to guess what your situation is...

1) You have a Slide Tube Assembly and just need to remove the nut on the front of it to slide the forend off.

or

2) You have the new Pinned Forend and the only way to put a new synthetic forend of your choice... would be to put an entirely new slide tube assembly in.

The latter isn't really all that difficult but more costly than anything.

Maybe this will help you,,,,

Attachments

• 05001L_05[1].jpg
    05001L_05[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 238

,,,,and this,,,,

the top pic is a removable forend
the bottom pic is the pinned type.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Mossberg_500_forend_nut.jpg
    Mossberg_500_forend_nut.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 176
  • Maverick88forearm pinned.jpg
    Maverick88forearm pinned.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 177

Mossy always has my back! lol I was looking for those pictures but they get burried deep in the catacombs of the web haha

Muddeprived said:
What particular models or years are pinned or nutted?

It use to be the older ones had the nut holding the forend on. Lately some of the synthetic ones are pinned some aren't. Hard to tell till you get it in front of you.

Glad it helped you. Anymore questions, ask away.

Back