• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Well 3rd times the charm .. and I'm kind of glad we ended up this way. Picked up this pure bread english pointer today. His parents are both AKC papered bird dogs as well. The little yellow things on the floor board are whats left of a leaf he found. He finally passed out about half way home. We named him Ghost.

2011-11-01_150742.jpg

Oh wow!!! Ghost is a great name! Ivy is an English Pointer too... she cant stay in the house though.

She 'can't' or 'isn't allowed to'? :lol: I know this breed can be quite destructive when left to their own devices, but with the wife and I working opposite shifts it should give us a lot of time to spend with him. I can already tell he's a rambunctious one! He boxes Mika around. She's starting to play along now, but she was NOT happy when we brought him home. Another 10-15 lbs and she's not gonna be able to pick on him any more though! :lol: He's so clumsy still, he's only 16 weeks old. His feet our massive compared to the rest of him. It's hilarious watching him try to go up and down the porch steps.

Good looking pup.
Ghost Pro? lol...You heard that already....

Hey...my dog (Loki) used to like to destroy/chew things. One day my mom gave me a coconut for my living room, (I have a jungle theme goin on in there) an unpeeled one, right off the tree, and Loki found it laying around, and started peeling it with her teeth. Just pulling the hair all off. it kept her busy for a week. Obviously it was a mess, but my furniture and shoes were all in one piece still. I have an aunt in Fla. who sends me a box full every so often. So I'm good, but it looks like she's getting bored with them, and likes chewing up the soccer ball now. Fine with me.....

tnxdshooter said:
Im pissed off that because i work just every now and then because it is all i can find that people think i can just help them with whatever they need help with at a moments notice. Then they get pissed when i wont help em. Im tired of cancelling my plans to help others when no ome helps me with anything. Then they want me to explain what my plans are to them so they can see.if they are important enough. If they werent my family i would have beaten em all into a coma by no iv had it. I dont have to justify myself to anyone and if i say i cant or dont want to help you dont push me or your liable to feel my wrath. I have a life and they cant get it through their thick skulls. Maybe if i beat it into their thick skulls then they will undestand.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

wow...it really makes me sad to see someone hate his own family so much.

my family asks me to do stuff at the last minute all the time. i have no problem with that. i also turn them down at the same rate. and they understand. because i talk rationally to them. maybe if you talk to them about how "you feel they have been treating you", instead of coming through with rage, they might understand. i'm not saying i'm dr. phil, but i talk to my family all the time, it's called communication. if they get hostile then just walk away.
that would be the way to do it intellectually. at least you will know you tried.

i only say all that because you have givin no back story to the situation.

also, they might ask be asking so much of you because they want you to be in contact with them more than you think. and because you don't have " a steady job" and they don't know your schedule so they ask...

know what i'm saying?

ripjack13 said:
tnxdshooter said:
Im pissed off that because i work just every now and then because it is all i can find that people think i can just help them with whatever they need help with at a moments notice. Then they get pissed when i wont help em. Im tired of cancelling my plans to help others when no ome helps me with anything. Then they want me to explain what my plans are to them so they can see.if they are important enough. If they werent my family i would have beaten em all into a coma by no iv had it. I dont have to justify myself to anyone and if i say i cant or dont want to help you dont push me or your liable to feel my wrath. I have a life and they cant get it through their thick skulls. Maybe if i beat it into their thick skulls then they will undestand.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

wow...it really makes me sad to see someone hate his own family so much.

my family asks me to do stuff at the last minute all the time. i have no problem with that. i also turn them down at the same rate. and they understand. because i talk rationally to them. maybe if you talk to them about how "you feel they have been treating you", instead of coming through with rage, they might understand. i'm not saying i'm dr. phil, but i talk to my family all the time, it's called communication. if they get hostile then just walk away.
that would be the way to do it intellectually. at least you will know you tried.

i only say all that because you have givin no back story to the situation.

also, they might ask be asking so much of you because they want you to be in contact with them more than you think. and because you don't have " a steady job" and they don't know your schedule so they ask...

know what i'm saying?

Yeah I know what you are saying Rip, I have a 40+ and my family asks me to do a lot. Sometimes I wish there were two of me but I am grateful that I am needed....way better than being unwanted. They depend on me for things like firewood, cutting, splitting, stacking ton of alfalfa....sometimes I hate doing it, sometimes I don’t have time to do my stuff, but I just suck it up and get it done and I get repaid with their gratitude and they have helped me back in a lot of ways too.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
She 'can't' or 'isn't allowed to'? :lol:

:lol: I just saw all this stuff on here!!! But Ivy... She cant, as in, she cant sit still. She isnt happy inside, she just paces. Outside though, she runs constantly! She'll entertain herself and she runs Turbo Blue 110 octane! That kind of power cant be harnessed for good indoors!

ripjack13 said:
So I'm good, but it looks like she's getting bored with them, and likes chewing up the soccer ball now. Fine with me.....

Have you ever used antler sheds? Some places actually sell antlers! You can get deer antlers or even elk!

I havent used these, My dogs dont chew too much... Well, Gidge does every now and then but not daily. Anywhooo, I'm told by the folks I know who do use them, they are excellent and durable!!!

Interesting. I'll have to look into those. She's very picky on what she likes, but hey, she licks the insides of slippers and shoes...go figure.

On an unrelated note;

Allison is sick again and I hope its just a virus thing and not kidneys again. Last time with the kidneys, I was really depressed for a long time and that depression is what made doin the leatherwork really rough.

I worry about her, I cant help it. One kidney is already scarred and smaller than the other and she cant go without medication. Shes runnin that high fever again, so we're havin her checked out.

It sux. Sorry, I dont mean to complain. It isnt about me, though there are things I do that I dont do with out her. Like shooting, and well, we just got our hunting licenses and were goin out tomorrow. What really sux is that bein sick limits what she can do. You cant tell shes sick, she doesnt act like it other than the fever makes her run down, but Jenny wont let her go anywhere.

So maybe its just a virus and she'll be cool in a couple days.

Thanks folks, I needed to say something... I get so frustrated and woried, its like the wind being let out of your sails.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Just remember when the wind goes out...you always have your arms to paddle her home.

Stay strong Brad. She needs you to be. And we' ll be here for you.

Yeah , tell her to get better , I am going to send some low recoil 8 pellet bufferd hand loads back for her to shoot when I get the return address

Interesting...I started working on a box for my dogs ashes, and tonight I had a dream of him. It was the last day I saw him. Over and over. But he was licking my face the whole time. weird.
My wife says it's his way of saying thank you to me.

Needless to say...I cannot sleep.

Back