• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Thanks fellas for the encouragement, Oli shes lookin forward to it!

RipJack, musta been a heck of a dog man!

Drex was 11yrs old.....He didn't like her ex-hubby at all. But he warmed right up to me..
He was so awesome. He had such a kings attitude. When I met my wife 6 yrs ago, he was already 8yrs old. We had to put him down 3 yrs ago. He couldn't walk up stairs to his bed. Tumors everywhere. And his bladder was shot. The day we put him down I had come home to him laying in the hallway in a puddle. So I cleaned it up and gave him a bath.
After the bath he didn't want to leave the bathroom. He just laid on the floor next to the heater. So Michele called the vet and made an app. I had to carry him out to the jeep..Omg he was heavy. I think he knew what was up, because every other time we brought him in for a check up he wouldn't want to budge out of the jeep. This time, he hopped out and walked right up to the door. Weird that dogs know things, and act this way.
I was ready to buy him diapers, and move our bedroom downstairs so he could sleep close to us. But that wouldn't be fair for him. I don't ever want anyone to put diapers on me...so how could I do that to him?

The next week Michele wanted to go look at puppies. She needed to fill the void, I wasn't ready, But I let her talk me into looking...We found another pup at place that was going to be bringing them to the pound the next day. So we brought Little Loki home that night. What a handful she was.

I'll find some pix of her when she was little on my wifes computer, but here's Drex...(and Batman)

Ni5kWl.jpg

Rossignol said:
Oli shes lookin forward to it!
Here is the pattern at 7 yards. 15 yards is about 6”x6” cant find it though. The other hole is the gas seal...
IMG_0579.jpg

RipJack, Its a tough decision and I can symathize with what yall had to do...

Oli, that is a great pattern! Super tight!

Just an update with Allison. She went to bed with no fever, got up with no fever. We went hunting! Got Ivy out, finished loading our gear up, and out the door we went!

Real good time, didnt get anything of our own, but goin back tomorrow! I have more details in the hunting section under the dove, quail, and pheasant thread!

Thanks again fellas!

So glad to hear that Allison is better!! What a relief!

Ripjack, it's pretty awesome you had a dream about your dog, it's really a comfort thing and it's amazing that they show up when we need it. I've only had maybe 4 dreams of my mom in the last 3 years, but every time was when something significant was going on with my life. It makes you happy and sad at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Cole and I arent very similar at all in our likes and interests.

He was helping me sove some furniture today and needed some gloves cuz it was slick from the rain. I handed him a pair from my jacket and they worked for him no problem.

Later (after we were done) I told him I had used the gloves to handle dead animals!

He said "eww gross, dont you have any other gloves that havent been used for dead stuff?"

So I told him sure!

He replied "and you gave me these anyway, thats disgusting!"

I knew he would respond like that and I enjoyed messin with him! It was hilarious! :lol:

I like clowning with my brothers...'specialy my younger brother...

DNjJ0l.jpg

He passed out on his birthday (Nov.11th) with his shoes on....fair game.

Yeah..i did the enter at your own risk , tic tac toe, and The MH on his shoulder,. our neice did the happy bday...she got there first....

I don't have a pic of it but, i also made a frankenstein scar stitch job on his face. and his son did a mustache as well...gotta get the whole family in this one...

tnxdshooter said:
Im pissed off that because i work just every now and then because it is all i can find that people think i can just help them with whatever they need help with at a moments notice. Then they get pissed when i wont help em. Im tired of cancelling my plans to help others when no ome helps me with anything. Then they want me to explain what my plans are to them so they can see.if they are important enough. If they werent my family i would have beaten em all into a coma by no iv had it. I dont have to justify myself to anyone and if i say i cant or dont want to help you dont push me or your liable to feel my wrath. I have a life and they cant get it through their thick skulls. Maybe if i beat it into their thick skulls then they will undestand.

My buddy has a bumper sticker that says, "yeah, this is my truck and no, I won't help you move."

I found out today, my baby knows the entire Pledge of Allegiance.

Lauren is 5. She sys the pledge, then adds at the end, "and as always, Go Wildcats!"

Rossignol said:
I found out today, my baby knows the entire Pledge of Allegiance.

Lauren is 5. She sys the pledge, then adds at the end, "and as always, Go Wildcats!"

Awesome. Kids are amazing!

The day began strangely today...

I left for work as always, around 5 till 5:00. I stopped at the gas station for smokes and by 5 after I was headed out of my little town.

I always pray as I head to work. Part of my prayers always include, "carry us and deliver us safely and with out incedent to our individual destinations and bring us all back together again tonight"

I hadnt made it to that part yet. Instead, I had all sorts of other things on my mind and had just said "if for some reason I need to stay home I'll stay home, I dont care"

Well, I lost all the power to my car at that moment. Lights, brakes, steering, hazards... everything was out. It was dark and raining and my car died in the bend of the road under the tracks. I didnt want to stop there where I couldnt be seen, so without being able to see anything my own danged self, I cut the wheel over to the right, felt the rumble strips first under the passenger side, then under the driver side to make sure the car was out of the way and safe.

I settled safely in a ditch no worse for wear, just stuck. I was gonna walk the 1/2 mile back home in the pouring rain when a sherifs deputy pulled up and gave me a ride! SCORE!

So, all is well, and in a weird way my prayer was answered. My baby was sick and stayed home too...

ps I had my FIL help me pull the car out later in the day. Came right up and out of the ditch, started up and no damage.

Yes Sir,

Glad everything worked out. Guess the man upstairs knew you were needed back at home.

Holy weird! Well I guess you were destined to stay home today. Im glad everything turned out alright, hope you enjoyed an extra day off work :)

Holy weird is right!

Thanks fellas, and lady!

Lazy, I suppose so...

Went to work yesterday like any other wednesday.

Began working at six and I had a handful of things to do before climbing up on my tank to begin welding. It was just after 7 am when I started up the ladder. The tank is 11 feet in diameter and nearly 39 feet in circumference. I had 3 full circumference welds to do as well as a few verticle seams 8 feet long. It adds up to about 140 feet of weld bead.

I reached the top of the tank. Actually laying on its side and on rollers, so I'm at 11 feet or so. But as I step from the ladder to the tank and transfer my weight from off my left foot on the ladder to my right foot on the tank, I slip and begin falling backwards.

I knew there was a crane behind me and the chain hanging where I could reach it. I turned and grabbed it and was able to right myself upwards instead of falling backwards. I still fell 11 feet, but I went feet first rather than falling on my back.

My feet hit the ground and then I went to my butt. Two other guys, one of which had been on the tank ahead of me, were right there. I sat up and lit a smoke. About a minute later I knocked the dust off and got back up.

I was hurtin, but it was barable. I could move around, so I stayed. I took my boot off to look at my foot, which was hurtin he most. Well, my foot was swellin already so I put the boot back on before it wouldnt go on again.

I went back up the ladder and finished my welding. In fact I stayed all day till my 10 hour shift was up and drove my 5 speed manual transmission toyota home.

Got up and this morning and got ready for work as normal... till I couldnt get my boot on. My foot was too danged swollen. I stayed home and jenny took me to the doctor.

My right foot is broken. Well 2 of the metatarsals anyway, + a sprained ankle and some other damage.

Heres the thing. I coulda left work right after falling. No one woulda cared. I'm not brilliant. The doctor thinks I'm an idiot. But I'm a guy and I still try to impress my wife, even if I'm not a genious about it.

I dont do it to be a hardass. I do it cuz I love my wife. Shes my favorite person in the world and I still show off for her. Not that I fell on purpose, but since i did... I gaurantee she tells her girl friends at work I fell 11 feet, broke 2 bones in my foot, and stayed and worked my shift, drove my stick shift home and still tried to go to work the next day. I'm not the best lookin guy, but I do what ever it takes always for her!

After more than 15 years of marriage, I still want her to be impressed with me!!!

Back