• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So the Mrs. wants an AR

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
On a recent trip to the pistol range the wife got an opportunity to shoot a Sterling SMG in full auto. Needless to say, she was moved by the experience and now says she wants an AR. Looks lile I'll be undertaking another build project soon. Gonna take her out to shoot one of my Spikes to see if she likes the 5.56. Otherwise I'll build it out in .22lr.

Either way, this one will likely involve a lot of pink accessories or some creative pink camo work..

Nothing wrong with that...!! Have you built a .22 AR yet...?

Not yet,

If we decide on .22lr I do plan on building a dedicated rifle. I'm hoping she'll like the 5.56 though.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
On a recent trip to the pistol range the wife got an opportunity to shoot a Sterling SMG in full auto. Needless to say, she was moved by the experience and now says she wants an AR. Looks lile I'll be undertaking another build project soon. Gonna take her out to shoot one of my Spikes to see if she likes the 5.56. Otherwise I'll build it out in .22lr.

Either way, this one will likely involve a lot of pink accessories or some creative pink camo work..

My little lady took over My AR. she said its hers now. and she rocks .223/5.56 all day long!!

Nice!

I'm trying to avoid her taking over one of mine! She likes the idea of me building her one and is definitely into the pink stuff. I know she'll do fine with 5.56, but since this one will be hers alone I want to make sure it's what she wants. I've got a ton of ideas in my head for furniture and accents already, most will end up being custom painted.

I LOVE my husbands .223/5.56.... I've been trying to steal his AR forever. I actually saw one I want through LaRue. I'm thinking tax refund time ;) I don't think I'm going to put much pink on it though since my .22 AR is tricked out already.

I can't wait to see this project unfold! Keep us posted!

She wants something pink and fun, but not too "girly" (kind of walkin on a razor's edge to me). I drew up the camo pattern last night. It's going to be a bit different than a lot of the other pink camo you see out there. I'll use a combo of fucshia, baby pink, and white on a black base. The color combo on the dark base should give it a look that's feminine, but tough (her words when describing what she wanted).

I'll post up pics later this evening...

That sounds awesome!! That's definitely a little more "tough" versus just the pink. I can't wait to see it, I'm thinking I'm going to be jealous!! :) which is a good thing because that means the Mrs. will love that she has something original!

Yeah, this should be fun.

We looked at different camo patterns and I liked the one available in hydro-dip from Ammo Head Design, but she said it was too much pink for her. Would have made it easy but hey, momma's gotta be happy. I've never painted camo before, so it'll be a learning experience. Always did like a challenge anyway...

I absolutely Love the ammo head design in pink. It wouldn't seem like too much pink if only certain parts were dipped. But hey, it's whatever she likes!

Yeah, I'm only gonna paint the furniture. The upper/lower receivers will remain black, so the white-ish pink camo would look a bit off...

OK, here's a mock-up of the camo pattern I made...

...and here's what it'll look like on the rifle...

Thank you and yes, it is now wife approved.

I think the camo mags are a bit much. I think they'd look better in solid pink, but it's what she wants. The rifle would look badass on a Spike's Punisher lower! I can see it now, the camo above on an AR with a pink Punisher logo on the receiver, haha.

Back