• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So the Mrs. wants an AR

Looks good. I like the short LOP stock.

Thank you Sir,

It fits her like a glove. I like it myself, and am considering using one on a future build for myself. It'd look great on an SBR...

I got two stripped lowers that still need a purpose. One is designated to be a AR Pistol the other is still up in the air. I may look into that short stock.

It's definitely short, roughly the length of a standard 6-position stock when collapsed. Great for those quick snaps on target...

Yes Sir, she loves it.

I involved her in the process from the beginning to make sure the rifle was tailored specifically for her. It fits her like a glove and she can't wait to take her for a spin...

Make sure to get some pics of her 1st range visit with it! So does she have the fever now.... Already talking about what she wants you to do for her next one? Lol

Haha she definitely got bit by the shooting bug, but no fever yet. She still remains the voice of reason in the household. If she catches the fever too we'll end up having to live in the gun safe...

If you are wanting a ar-15 then build it yourself it is so easy to do and so much cheeper than just going out and buying one and you can put good quality parts into the weapon also the one in the pic is the newest one I have built for 3 gun finished it yesterday. This gun at a gun show or store would be about 1300 to 1500 dollars and I built it for around 750ish. One of my friends had never owned a ar and I talked him into getting all the parts and he put it together watching YouTube videos that is how easy it is to do.
The gun in the pic is
Loki lower
YHM diamond spectra upper 16"
SJC Titan comp
JP low mass bolt carrier and buffer tube
Blah blah blah
Point is do it your self and you will be proud of what you accomplished.
I hope everyone here has a safe happy holidays, and gets guns or parts for CHRISTMAS

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324786857.485913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324786857.485913.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 236
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324786879.442411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324786879.442411.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 236
looks good...i'd rock that think myself if it were 5.56 :D

you need to paint the lower trigger guard pink as well...like this

Attachments

• punish13.jpg
    punish13.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 162
Had the trigger guard painted too, but the Mrs. didn't like it so I stripped it back down to black...

We took it out to the range this afternoon and put a few hundred rounds through it. The firearm, mags, and ammo functioned flawlessly, except that I had to max out the rear MBUS windage adjustment (to the left) to get it hitting where I was aiming. This is a first for me. My first thought is that the barrel index is off or the front sight is canted, but if so it's not visibly noticeable. Haven't had a chance to try and figure it out yet, but something's off...

If it's cycling correctly, the front sight/gas block is probably not the culprit. I would wonder more about the rear sight at this point.

If the front sight was canted that far off, you'd probably be seeing some cycling failures from the gas port holes not lining up properly with the gas block. Short stroking, the bolt not locking back on the last round, failure to feed, etc.

And if you built the upper, you would've also likely had trouble inserting the gas tube through the barrel nut and in the receiver if it was canted too badly, and the gas key would probably be rubbing on the gas tube causing more issues when the bolt was moving forward. Like hitting the gas tube and not letting the bolt close

Another, more rare possibility, perhaps the bore was not drilled straight with the exterior of the barrel body if all else looks right.

One quick recomendation if you want to check for front sight cant, if you can put some string through the small aperture rear sight like you're threading a needle and long enough to reach the front sight, you could probably look at the string in relation to the upper receiver and handguards and judge pretty close if the front sight is straight with the rest of the gun.

I hope you get it figured out.

On a standard AR I'd agree, but this is a dedicated .22lr upper that operates with a simple blow-back action. There is no gas tube and the FSB gas block is non-functional. I appreciate the heads-up on the string trick. I'm gonna give that a try...

Sorry that I missed that it's a dedicated 22 barrel. That eliminates most of what I recommended earlier. Sorry, I thought I read earlier that you were going to do it in 223 for her.

My bad.

My dedicated 22 upper is set up much the same way. No gas port, gas tube, direct blowback.

After you look at the front sight with string, that'll let you know definately if the gas block is lined up right.

And if it is, I would wonder if they drilled the bore straight through the barrel. The next logical step would be to remove the flash hider and measure the distance from the edge of the bore to the OD of the barrel threading all the way around the barrel to eliminate that.

Sorry LES. I was editing my prior post as you were answering which barrel was installed.

Well, I was get'n the rifle out to do the string test and take some measurements when my wife informed me that she now wants a 4x optic. So rather than worry about trying to 'fix' the problem with POA on the irons, I'm just gonna hack off the A2 post, re-shape the gas block, and swap the handguard out for a quad-rail. Pop on a Magpul front MBUS and bam, we're done...

Back