• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So the Mrs. wants an AR

Sweet... I guess it's better to take your time and have a plan rather than jump in and then have her decide her new favorite color is green and her new favorite gun is the Thompson ;) lol. Just kidding. We only have one AR in our household or else I'd be good with my M&P .22, however, I'm glad I made my .22 pink... I won't do that to my AR (hypothetically speaking, lol).

So does she love it!? I love the color!

Just ordered one of Bushmaster's 'stubby' stocks for this build...

It's an A2 style fixed stock on a carbine length extension tube, so essentially a short LOP. It should fit her well and give her carbine a unique look.

It is looking good, glad to see couples in the shooting community. You have a nice looking foundation, I am sure your wife is looking forward to shooting it. I built my wife an AR, she told me how and what she wanted, and I built it.

Getting your spouse into the sport is a great way to spend some quality time together. The AR is a great platform, very accurate, easy to learn, and is the Mr. Potatoe Head of rifles. You can customize these rifles to suit just about any theme.

Looks like you upgraded the fire control group. ;) The KNS retainers, and Ambi Saftey are nice additions as well. Looks good man.

Jenn and I with our builds, the night of our NRA Banquet.
004-1.jpg

Jenns Rifle top, and another build below.
2011-08-04205556.jpg

Very nice!

The Mrs. really likes to shoot. Maybe not as often as I do, but she definitely gets into it. I agree that anything you can enjoy together just enhances the experience. I like these KNS retainers and use them on all my build. The ambi-safety is a definite bonus.

Thanks for the compliment Sir.

Looking forward to the completion of this build SNIPER !!

...and Saltmarsh...great looking formal family photo...could be your Christmas Card !! ;)

Bought the upper today.

My LGS got in a couple Chiappa M4-22 uppers at a great price, so I took one off their hands. I'm having the barrel threaded to accept my suppressor, so I won't have any pics for a week or so. I'll be using a Gen 2 Magpul MBUIS for the rear sight. All my parts should be in by the time the barrel work is complete, so I hope to have the rifle fully assembled by Christmas.

Here's a link to info on the upper...

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/771

Thank you Sir, it should turn out nice. I'm lookin forward to getting it all put together...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just ordered one of Bushmaster's 'stubby' stocks for this build...

It's an A2 style fixed stock on a carbine length extension tube, so essentially a short LOP. It should fit her well and give her carbine a unique look.

Well Bushmaster back-ordered my stock and for some reason decided against the need to convey that information to me. Called to check on my order today after almost two weeks and viola! So I found a substitute. RRA's 'Entry' A2 stock is virtually the same unit and oughtta work just fine.

Good news is my barrel threading job is done and I pick it up tomorrow!

The short LOP A2 arrived from Brownells this morning and I was able to complete my wife's rifle. It was a great surprise finding it on the front porch this morning, as I just ordered it on Tuesday and had no expectation of receiving it until after Christmas. Here she is...

...and here she is with my YHM .22 Mite suppressor and a UTG 3.9" ITA Red/Green Dot Sight on a QD cantilever mount...

Back