• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Wylde SPR

Anything not covered in your build thread?

just that I would like more eye relieve if I had to do over.
They didn't have the SPR mount done when I ordered. I should have wailed but thought the extended would do fine.
I believe the extended is a stronger mount but I would like the choice to run it out a little more than it is.
I put the rubber butt pad back on my stock and with a little change in technique I am fine.
If you shoot nose to charging handle you will definitely want to go with the SPR mount. Also as you know its not QR so three screws need to be addressed to get to the irons......not enough clearance for me to use my irons but I think that is more the scope than the mount.

I just noticed that they had the extended SPR mount. I'll have to forego the package deal and get the SPR mount. The added $10 is worth the eye relief flexablity. I honestly have no practical use for QD levers. If I really want to I could keep the small torx wrench in pistol grip. I'm still floored about this 3oz mount...

The most effective muzzle device is a well designed suppressor. That's the honest to goodness truth.

They have been shown to reduce and/or eliminate sound signature, flash, lessens recoil, and can often IMPROVE a firearms groupings.

Just sayin'.

I've been eyeing suppressors for some time, but wanted to hold off until I got my orders to come to Juneau. I'll see what our local Class III can offer me.

I just noticed that they had the extended SPR mount. I'll have to forego the package deal and get the SPR mount. The added $10 is worth the eye relief flexablity. I honestly have no practical use for QD levers. If I really want to I could keep the small torx wrench in pistol grip. I'm still floored about this 3oz mount...
they provide a really cool, compact torx . It goes where the rifle goes even though I don't have a set of irons that work with the current set up

Is the Ocular that big on the PA? If you wanna spend the $$$ that KAC rear sight is about as low as you can get... I would imagine the new Magpul one's are pretty thin as well.

yeah, its pretty big all around......several places make micro sights I've been looking at but haven't done anything about it yet. If I depended on a battery or even a traditional cross hair I would be more worried about it I guess

Aero Precision Upper and Lower Set have been orderd. As I haven't decided on a scope yet... I'll hold off on the scope mount for now.

The part that sucks for you is when you get done and post pics, people will be like, "sweet, you bought oli700's rifle.....grouped way better when he owned it for some reason"

Lol, I just read through your Modern Musket thread again. I hadn't been paying enought attention to it... I didn't realize I was pretty much building a copy of yours. Take that as a compliment... you've got some good taste in parts!;)

I'll say it again.......

This is an awesome thread.

Maybe if you didn't have $2100 in Aimpoints on your working guns you could have a cool build thread too!:p

Barrel came in today, looks like a real nice piece of machining, I'll throw it on the scale with the provided gas block and see what it comes to... pretty sure it's lighter than the 16" BCM RECCE barrel was.

So... I'm thinking the Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock... any input/user feedback. LOP comes out at almost 2" shorter than standard A2 rile length, comparable to a mil spec adjustable at the second notch (which is where my stock usually sits!). Light weight and only $50.

Last edited:
I worked really hard (a LOT of summer overtime) to be able to buy those Aimpoints... I'm kinda proud of each of them.

And if oli700 scoffs at my Aimpoints, I'll go the The Jefferson State and do a Diamond Dave Judy Chop on his effin' ass just to settle him down a little. Sort of a "Tune Up"........

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80706541/

ebaumswordl???o_O... that's soooo 2005

shiiiit, who puts a red dot on a 308

I'm surprised nitesite hasn't show us his "Anti-speeding-deterrent"

BarrettCQB.jpg

shiiiit, who puts a red dot on a 308

Somebody who hopes he doesn't ever have to to penetrate a car or a house from less than 50-yards away.... at night. But never knows.

Or,,, WAY above my skill level and bravery.......

JUDY CHOP.....

SFC Randy Shugart.

One brave motherfokker that earned the CMH.

Look it up, my good friend.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e4/BHDM14-1.jpg/601px-BHDM14-1.jpg

What's it feel like to be Judy Chopped my brother?

I love giving you a beat down........

Last edited:
did you guys hear something ?

oh yeah, you saw it in that there fancy picture show house, bet it was cool when they added sound to those.....I forgot the guy who never fired a round in his life, who got paid a few million to wear camo , that couldn't be a solder if he had the Medal of Honor surgically implanted in his bleached B-hole, lives in Hollywood, scientologist , liberal, bi-curious, waist of skin put an Aimpoint on his antique boat anchor, my bad.....well done you goddam copycat

Since when did you have to shoot through cars at Burger King ? Is that how you keep them moving through the drive up ?.....I think its really cool you learned a new song for the upcoming holidays

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/6929/

Back