• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Wylde SPR

If I was a copycat I would have put a Comp M2 on an antique M14.

Get with the program, technical dude.

Or move aside.

And admit to getting Judy Chopped.....

Or move aside....
the last time I moved aside for you , you took so long to go by I fell asleep under this tree and grew a hella long beard....they wrote a little book about it you may have heard of, Rip Van Winkle.

The time before that you came by me kicking a can, I said "what are you doing ! ?" you said "move'n"

Oli be like: "YO... you talkin' 2 me?"
Young-Punk-Nightmare-Style.png

And den nitesite be like: " Punk... you betta move"

mean%2Bold%2Bman%2Bwith%2Bcane.jpg

Den oli be like : "Put yo money where yo mouf is"

angry-kid-314x209.jpg

and den nitesite be like....
r-MAN-CRYING-large570.jpg

This program brought to you by the letters

G

The letter U

And the letter N

Any suggestions on a bolt? Or will I be gtg with a BCM bolt? Any discernable accuracy difference when using a special match bolt vs mil spec?

Some people like mpi inspected and chrome lined bolts, but other than that, they're all pretty much the same.

Not many bad bolts and carriers out there. It's super rare to get a bad one.

Make sure the staking is proper on the gas key. A buddy of mine just had his bushmaster turn into a single shot because a bolt backed out of the key, it only had one "punch" per bolt. Make sure the bolt is Carpenter 158 or better , I had one that was made out of the same material as the carrier And it went about 200 rounds before the lugs were severely beat up. thought I had a rare headspace problem before I figured it out.

Yeah, I know about MPI/HP tested and stacking (geeze... you guys think I was born in the 80's or something;)).

My question was more geared toward whether "National Match" "Low Mass" etc. actually make a difference in accuracy. My gut tells me no.... most of this stuff just seems like marketing hype and "operator-must-haves". I like the BCM bolt because the parkerizing they do (or phosphate, not sure?) is a lot smoother than some other milspec bolts I've handled.

^ This

Proper staking is critical.

I have seen a few absolutely butcher the gas keys which is bad in itself, but displacing enough metal to prevent the bolt from turning itself is all that is necessary.

Honestly, I know the "popular trend" is to use an M16 carrier, and the following statement opens up far too many cans of worms because there is an opinion letter floating around saying it is OK, but the actual federal firearm reg's prohibits any M16 fire control parts to be used in an AR15 UNLESS it is modified to Colt SP1 configuration and it does specifically say M16 carrier.

The closest carrier to an M16 carrier that is barely shorter than an M16 carrier that would not contact an auto sear is made by Olympic Arms and are good quality and really smooth.

Take it for what it's worth, but here it is in black and white.

forOliverOA2org-1.jpg

The worms in your can may have died and shriveled a long time ago, even the ATF doesn't care;)

Man, I think most AR15's ship with a "full-auto-bolt" these days... But thanks for posting that, I hadn't heard about this yet.

Not enforcing a law on the books seems to be SOP these days, but that doesn't mean they couldn't or never will. That's all I'm sayin'.

Edit: A lot of the reasons for that regulation was just after the 1986 machinegun ban, they were scrambling to determine what was and what was not allowed in a semi.

Just like allowing an HK type weapon to use a full auto bolt, but not allowing the hole to allow a swing down type trigger pack, stop allowing open bolt semi auto guns, etc.

Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 http://swfa.com/Leupold-3-9x40-VX-R-Patrol-30mm-Riflescope-P49445.aspx
OR
Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP http://swfa.com/Vortex-25-10x32-Viper-PST-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P60984.aspx

I can get both of these scopes through each companies respective Mil discounts and the prices are well below those advertised on SWFA. I really like that the Vortex is FFP, but it is a little heavier. Both have illuminated reticles, Leupold has the "Firedot" and with the vortex the entire reticle illuminates. I do have a budget of around $500-600 and would like to break into the higher quality opitcs world. What else is out there that falls in the same category as these guys.

Sometimes you can find a triji in the upper range you're wanting to spend.

Check out the primary arms 4-14. FFP. An see how it compares to the vortex. Thats,what I plan to top my .308 bolt gun with when I get done with these semi-auto's

Back